Answered

Absence Approval

• 22 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,
We are experiencing an issue with the absence approval process setting in Personio.
Namely, we have set Project and Project responsible which should be default approved for an employee working on the specific Project.
When the request is sent, the notification and the approval request is delivered to all PM who have PM role in Personio, all through the settings are not set in that way.
Could you please tell me if there is some general Personio bug, or maybe we are making mistake in the settings?
Thank you.
Bojana

icon

Best answer by Lauraglendon 23 December 2021, 11:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Dear Bojana,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I am guessing in this case that an approval process in Settings > Approvals > Attendances is set so that the approvers are employees with a certain role. In this case, all PM’s. 

With this type of rule, it means that once an employee submits their Project hours, the approval request will go to all employees in that particular role. Once it’s approved by one employee, the task would be completed for the other employees. If you have it set up differently, please let me know.

I have two suggestions depending on your scenario:

If it is one approver for all project approvals:

1. Go to Settings > Approvals > Attendances 
  2. Change the approval so that it’s Specific Employee = Name of approver

If there is more than one approver:

1. Delete the approval set that’s currently there
  2. Create Employee filters, where you can define who the employees in projects are. These can be defined by specific employees or by grouping them based on their attributes, eg. same team. A suggestion here, if several employees are part of the one project, with the one approver, is to track this as a new attribute. (Eg. Project Team A, B, C..) 
  3. Lastly, create the rulesets based on the filters defined. For example approve for Employee A, or Project A is a certain employee, whoever the approver for that group/employee is to be.

If you have any further questions on this, just let me know!

All the best,

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Iskra Koneska,

did the answer of @Lauraglendon help you or are there any open questions?

Please leave a short message or a like, so we know that there is nothing more open.

Best wishes,
Marc

Your reply