Answered

Absence, paid vacation, part-time

• 21 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, 

Im trying to set up the absence for our part-time employees who are working 3 days. I don't understand how the system calculates the entitlement. It seems not right. Any experience, idea how I can adjust this? And is the system calculating pro rata?  See below. According to my calculation this employee should have entitlement for 11,2 days (11 days). Started 01.05.21, company holidays 28 (fulltime based) , this employee works 3 of 5 days  so : 28x8/12x3/5= 11,2

But system is calculating 15 days.

Thank you.

Accrual policy 'Part time 3 days' assigned.
Change accrual policy | Show history

Entitlement 2021 15 days
Taken 2021  0 days
Planned 2021 0 days
Overall balance 2021 15 days
icon

Best answer by CécileM 23 June 2021, 11:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Petra BL !

Thank you so much for reaching out. I hope this message finds you well.

Indeed, according to correct calculation, your employee should be entitled to 11,2 days. 

I have a few questions for you:

-In the Work Schedule (Settings>Attendance) that you created for this person, are only three days open (you should have 4 days as closed) and is the box for the entitlement pro-rated for 5 days? You can see an example below:

-In the accrual policy of the absence for these 28 days, how did you prorate the entitlement upon the beginning of employment? Is it monthly or daily prorated? The policy should look like this:

-Have you checked the history of the balance for that particular employee to see if any days were added manually? It should look blank except for the 11,20 days entitlement.

Do you think that will help? Have you tried those already?

Please reach out again should you encounter any issue!

Kindest regards,

Cécile

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Petra BL!

How are you today?

I just wanted to touch base to check if you had solved the issue with the entitlement of your part-time employee. Have you found the solution to it?

Please reach out if we can help you in any way and do not hesitate to share if you found another solution.

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, thank you for your answer and reaching out. Im bit lost with the policies. Should I keep for the part time employees the policy of 28 days as well and it will be calculated automatically? Now I put by absence policy an option of part time 3 days.

Basic Information

Number of days granted

16.5 days

Grant entitlement every

Year

Entitlement granted at

Beginning of the year

Enable waiting time?

No

Prorated Calculation

Beginning of employment

Monthly prorated

End of employment

Monthly prorated

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Petra BL !

Thank you so much for reaching out!

Policies can be tough at first, but once you get used to them, they do not need much attention. Both ways would work normally. With the way that you created your policy, I would bring your attention on one thing:

How did you configure your Work Schedules? On how many number of days is the entitlement prorated (you can check that in Settings>Attendance>The part-time schedule for these employees>Prorate absence entitlement?). It looks like you already took the proration into consideration with that new absence policy (you give 16,5 days instead of the full-time 28 days). So, that means you would not need the proration calculation in Personio.

Both ways can work if the options around it are well-configured. To summarise:

-If you choose to assign them the 16,5 days policy, then make sure you have no proration added on top of that in the Work Schedule.

-If you choose the 28 days policy, then make sure that you have 3 days open and the proration on 5 days in the Work Schedule (that will make sure that your employees get 3/5th of the whole full-time entitlement).

In both cases, make sure the history of your employees is right, as manual changes could appear there that you do not need (check it in the profile of the employee>Absence and then go to the history of the balance for the paid vacation).

Does that help?

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Petra BL 

I hope this message finds you well!

Congratulations on being the first Implementation Champion of the Month!

I was wondering if you had found a solution for the absence balance? Did the solutions given above help?

I wish you a lovely day.

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Your reply