Best-Practice: Finland & Denmark - Accrual Policy

• 16 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Dear Personio Community,

often, in Finland the annual leave entitlement is allocated at a specific month in the year. However, in Personio leave entitlement can only either be granted at the beginning of the year or at the employee’s hire date. 

Nevertheless, there is a little trick that allows you to still allocate the annual leave entitlement in a specific month. In order to do so, just create an accrual policy of 0 days, assign it to your employees and then import the leave entitlement on the 1st of the specified month. 

Disclaimer: our web offer is for non-binding information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice in the actual sense. Click on “Show Content” to read the full Disclaimer:

We would like to draw attention to the fact that our web offer is for non-binding information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice in the actual sense. The content of this offer cannot and is not intended to replace individual and binding legal advice that addresses your specific situation. In this respect, all information offered is without guarantee of accuracy and completeness.

The contents of our website - especially the legal articles - are researched with the utmost care. Nevertheless, the provider cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the information provided. In particular the information is of a general nature and does not constitute legal advice in individual cases. For the solution of specific legal cases, please consult a lawyer.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @JeKuut, @Katriina@Krista, @Virint, 😊

I am tagging you because you are based in Finland.

Were you able to solve this matter in your Personio account?

If you have any input or questions, we are always listening!

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi all,

Thank you for tagging @Daniele and for the comment @MirjamPichler. Yes, I have manually updated these starting for the specific month. One problem there still happens to be and that is the Saturday rule that we have in Finland. We are now uploading days without the Saturday calculations but I hear constantly questions about that. I have also heard that Personio would make this Finnish holiday rules possible in the future?

Thanks,

Katriina

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Katriina

Thank you so much for your comment! In order to help you, could you please tell me more about the Saturday rule you have in Finland? You can write it here as a comment or you can even ask it as a new topic in the Implementation Area so that the rest of the community can see it and give their input on the subject! 

I look forward to hearing more about this, as I am sure there are more people in our community that have the same question :blush:

Kindest regards, 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Maria Laura Arauco,

Yes, sure. So basically in many companies Saturday’s are included into the holiday calculations (even though in office work they are day off’s). So basically if you take 5 days off there is the 6th day calculated as well (Saturday). There are couple of cases where it is not calculated but basically a full amount of holidays is 30 days, which of 5 days are Saturdays. This comes from our annual act law. 

Then we have the different accrual policies, depending on the dates new employees might only make 2 days per month and later 2,5 days per month. This as well comes from our law: annual act. 

But at the moment I at least can manage with doing this manually and I assume many others in Finland do the same.

Kr,

Katriina

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Katriina,

Thank you so much for your reply!
I think you will be interested in seeing this post about the Saturday Rule, which includes a workaround: 

Let me know if it is any help or if you have any other input! We would love to hear your opinion on the subject. 

Kindest regards, 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Apparently, this regulation also exists in Denmark!

@SimonAndersen @Pernille @Mur @Anne Sofie 

Let me ask the people based in Denmark: were you able to implement the Accrual Policy in Personio? Let us know in the comments.

If you still have any doubts or questions about this topic, just reply and we’ll be happy to help! 😊

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Dear Community, 

@Krista has posted an idea regarding the Finish holiday calendar year and we have moved this now in the ideation area so that you and other users can vote for her idea, too.

Please take a look and in case you have a similar situation or want to add something to the idea you are welcome to share it in the thread in the ideation area so that our Product Team fully understands the background.

Kind regards,

-Maria Laura

How do you “import the leave entitlement”, is that an accrual balance upload?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Philip Skogsberg,

First, welcome to the Community!

Yes, this is correct, the accrual balance is the entitlement that employees have from a certain date on. With an import of this data, you indicate the system that employees have a certain value of entitlement for a precise date on.

I hope this clarified your question. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Best,

Andrea

Your reply