Best-Practice: Finland - Work Schedules 

• 12 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Former Personio Employee
  • 4 replies

Dear Personio Community, 

When requesting one week of vacation (Monday - Friday), in Finland 6 days are deducted from the vacation balance, although employees only work from Monday until Friday. 

In order to be compliant with this regulation we suggest that you open Saturdays in your Work Schedule by entering 1 minute. Consequently, when requesting a week off, employees will have to request Monday until Saturday, so that 6 days as opposed to 5 are deducted from their vacation balance. Please also make sure to adjust the Validity Settings for your absence type Paid Vacation accordingly. 

We’d love to hear from you how you have set up your Finnish work schedules and are looking forward to your ideas and suggestions.

Disclaimer: our web offer is for non-binding information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice in the actual sense. Click on “Show Content” to read the full Disclaimer:

We would like to draw attention to the fact that our web offer is for non-binding information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice in the actual sense. The content of this offer cannot and is not intended to replace individual and binding legal advice that addresses your specific situation. In this respect, all information offered is without guarantee of accuracy and completeness.

The contents of our website - especially the legal articles - are researched with the utmost care. Nevertheless, the provider cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the information provided. In particular the information is of a general nature and does not constitute legal advice in individual cases. For the solution of specific legal cases, please consult a lawyer.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Katriina

In the other post, where I asked you about the Saturday Rule, I now know that you were talking about this :blush:

Have you tried this workaround that my colleague @Mara suggested a few weeks ago? Let me know if this works for you, I would love to hear your input! 

--

If you would like to suggest a special feature for it, you could submit a suggestion in our dedicated Ideation Area, as you have previously done before.

Over there, you can

• view previously submitted ideas and discuss them with other Personio users
  • upvote and add to the ideas of other users
  • search the community for similar ideas or requests
  • share your own ideas or requests about our tool

We will review your ideas, comment on them, and forward them to our Product Development team who will have a look at them and see if they can include them.

You can also find here a short tutorial on how you submit an idea and which information are necessary so that our product experts and the community have all the information they need.

Kindest regards, 
Maria Laura

Your reply