Best-Practice: Switzerland - Absences

• 15 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Dear Community,

In Switzerland, employees can enter a percentage of
Sick leave as opposed to (half) days. This is equivalent to part-time employees with 100% weekly hours since the salary should not be prorated. 

A possible solution for this could be to add several absence types for different options of sick leave (10% Sick Leave, 20% Sick Leave, etc.). 

To our Swiss Personio users, we’d love to hear your thoughts on this? And if you have already used this solution, how has it been working for you?

Disclaimer: our web offer is for non-binding information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice in the actual sense. Click on “Show Content” to read the full Disclaimer

We would like to draw attention to the fact that our web offer is for non-binding information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice in the actual sense. The content of this offer cannot and is not intended to replace individual and binding legal advice that addresses your specific situation. In this respect, all information offered is without guarantee of accuracy and completeness.

The contents of our website - especially the legal articles - are researched with the utmost care. Nevertheless, the provider cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the information provided. In particular the information is of a general nature and does not constitute legal advice in individual cases. For the solution of specific legal cases, please consult a lawyer.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @Willem@Beat@Grazia@pinars@Ann-CathrinNordhoff@Chapuij,

I am tagging you because your company is based in Switzerland.
I’d just like to check: were you or your HR team able to solve this matter in your Personio account?
If you have any input, tips, or questions about any topic, feel free to share: we are always listening! 😊

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I also wanted to include @Rachel_CH who is based in Switzerland and just joined the Personio Community today. Welcome Rachel! 🎉 
Let us know if you need help or if you have any input about this or any other topic 😊

Best,
Daniele

Badge

Hello everyone, I am happy to be a part of the community.

About Maria Laura's question:

We have created a separate absence for each different level of illness (10-90%). Just as you wrote it.

More importantly, I think, is the impact on time tracking and wages once the sick day insurance kicks in. We have found a somewhat complex, but working solution. If you are interested, I will be happy to give you more information.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Rachel_CH

First of all, thank you very much for your input. We appreciate you for being part of the community and sharing your insights! 

I am glad that the absence setup was helpful for you. And I am sure that your workaround for the time tracking and wages will be appreciated by other member of the community! So feel free to share :grinning:

Looking forward to your comment! 

Best regards from Madrid, 

-Maria Laura

Your reply