Answered

Carryover days shown in total balance after expiration

• 7 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate your help on an issue around the carryover and the total balance of vacation days. Here is the full background story :relaxed: :

• Employees have a carryover of 8 days max from 2020 that they have to use up until 05.07.2021. After that date, they lose them
  • Their carryover status was uploaded by me when we implemented Personio (in some cases 8 and in some cases less)
  • Starting 2021, everyone gets additional 20 days of vacation - this is regulated with a policy in the vacations settings
  • Currently, we are past the deadline for usage of the carryover days
  • What I am seeing as (with me as an example) is this:

According to this, I have a balance of 15,5 days when in reality I have 12 days because:

• I had 3,5 days remaining out of the total 8 days carryover which I cannot use past 05.07 and should be expired

• I have 20 days for 2021 out of which I have already booked 8

Can anyone tell me why the total says 15,5 days? Has this has happened to you and should I readjust something in order to get the correct calculations in future?

Thanks a lot and have a great rest of the week!

Sanja

icon

Best answer by Lauraglendon 12 July 2021, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Sanja,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us! We'd be happy to look into this for you.

Can you confirm that for past and future dates of this year, you have 12.5 approved 'Annual Leave' days (4.5 from carryover + 8 from 20-day entitlement) in your calendar? Can you also confirm the Carryover limit (under Settings. >Absence > Annual Leave > Accrual Settings) is set to 05.07?

There is a way to manually adjust this accrual balance in your account, by going to your Profile > Absence tab > Annual Leave > Pencil icon > Adjust by number of days where we can put a minus figure. Please first confirm the above to ensure we have everything set up correctly, before manually adjusting your balance. 

I hope this helps, Sanja! If you have further questions on this, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Lauraglendon

Thank you for your support! 

Yes, I can confirm that in 2021 both in the past and in the future, I have 12,5 approved days annual leave and the carryover date is set to 05.07 in the accrual settings.

This is an example for me personally but it is something that we are currently checking to see if it occurs with other employees as well.

I will adjust my days manually for myself.

It would be great to know if there a reason for this that I can avoid in future or an approach that can correct this if it happens with more people without manually correcting one by one?

Thanks again!

Sanja

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Sanja,

Thank you for replies, both here and via DM, to help us get to the bottom of it!

As discussed, the balance and carryover value was configured perfectly on your side but due to a backend update, that our team our currently working on, the balance appeared differently in your account. I jumped into a few accounts to check, and the ones I looked to add up correctly. In the meantime, if you spot this discrepancy in anyone else's accounts, please let me know.

As a workaround for now, please adjust this accrual balance in your account, by going to your Profile > Absence tab > Annual Leave > Pencil icon > Adjust by number of days where we can put a minus the number of extra days. In this case, -3.5 days.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Laura

Your reply