Solved

Workaround for approval

• 23 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Dear Community,

For those of you who use time tracking with approval - I'm curious to see how you have solved the notifications to the manager about approving the times?

If notifications are on, they get one email per time entry, meaning at least one notification per day. This is way too much for our managers who already get emails frequently. At the moment the solution is to email them once/month to remind them to approve the hours for their employees, but this is of course manual work.

Anyone who has a recommendation for a more automated workaround?

Linda

icon

Solved by Mara 23 April 2021, 15:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Linda, 

Thanks a lot for your post and for sharing your workaround. 

You’re right, once the approval process has been set up and depending on personal preference, the responsible approvers receives email notifications. And if email notifications are disabled, a to-do appears on the dashboard of the approver.
More details about how to configure personal notifications can be found here.

Please bear in mind that for attendance approvals the approver receives dashboard notification bundled per employee and email notifications bundled per day for all requesting employees in the morning of the next day. Consequently approvers are not notified about every single attendance entry but only once per day.

Another alternative could also be to create an attribute “Approval Reminder” of the type Date and to set up 12 different reminders (one per month) for the employee role that includes all managers / approvers. 

What do you think? Would this one-time manual effort pay off in the longterm? 

I’d be keen to hear your thoughts on it as well as further solutions. 

Warmest, 
Mara 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mara,

Many thanks for the suggestion. To turn the approvals off is not an option as it also turns the notifications for holiday approval off at the same time.

The workaround with the customised attribute with reminders I think it a better option and I’ll try that one!

Best regards,

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Linda, 

I hope all is well and that you enjoy using Personio. 
Just dropping a note to follow up how the suggested solution has worked out for you. 
We’d love to hear your thoughts on it. 

Have a great day. 

Warmest, 
Mara 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mara,

Thanks for following up. Yes it has worked as intended although it’s a slightly clunky workaround to have to add all those attribute in the profiles. 

A great day to you too!

Linda

Your reply