Answered

Working Students' days off

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

• Getting Started
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I would like to set up in the calendar, the days that the working students are not working as “out of office”. I would also prefer to have the days that they are not working to show up in the dashboard so we all now that the person is not in that day. Is there any way to set this up without putting it as an absence? Because then it will be deducted from the vacation days.

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Dino Hadzikadunic 18 January 2022, 15:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Exa,

Thank you for your question.

In order to meet your needs we will have to create an additional absence type which can be named for example, “Out of Office”.Create and configure the new absence type to suit your needs:

• Category – Unpaid leave
  • Unit of time – days
  • Allow half day requests – No, or yes if you believe this would be useful)
  • Certificate Required – No
  • Substitute Required – No
  • Allow employees substituting for someone to request this absence – No
  • Valid on – Depending on your working patterns – please consult this article to find suitable choice
  • Consider time tracked during absences of this type as overtime? – Yes
  • Enable accrual policies? - No

One you have created the new absence type, you will have to define the access rights and approval process. The configuration of this part will depend on how you want to manage this “absence”. In case your employees will have to request it and supervisor approve it, you will have to give them propose rights, and supervisors view right.

If you want supervisors to be able to add days into their employees calendar, you can give them propose (they can also approve if you have set it up in Settings > Approvals), or edit rights (no approvals triggered).

Alternatively, you can give edit rights to employees so they can add their “Out of Office” days themselves.

After this please set the "All employees" employee role calendar access for this absence type to “Global”. This will make this absence type visible for everyone. In this way no days will be deducted from their Annual Leave or any other leave balance.

I hope this will help.

Also, as in this case we are offering you alternative solution that will meet your needs, I would recommend you to share your insight in our Ideation section.In the Ideation section you can:

• Read previously submitted ideas from other users and discuss them with the community.
  • Upvote and add more input to ideas you agree with.
  • Share your own ideas or requests about our tool.

We will review all your ideas, comment on them, and forward them to our Product Development team who might include them in our planning for the further development of Personio.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kindest regards,

Dino

Thank you!

Your reply