Answered

Block accrual policy during sick leave / non paid leave

• 7 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I have a specific question regarding absences in French market. In France, by law, when an employee is on sick leave or non paid leave, s.he does not accrue paid leaves. 

Example : I should accrue 2 paid leaves per month. In January, I take 2 weeks of non paid leaves OR I’m sick for 2 weeks. 
Result: in January, I will accrue only half of paid leaves (so 1 day)

Is there a setting or rules in Personio allowing to temporary block the accrual of paid leaves when an employee takes non paid leave or sick leaves? 

If not, it would be a must have for the french market. The risk is to have non accurate balances of paid leaves for people taking non paid leaves or sick leaves. 

Thanks for your help. 

icon

Best answer by Lena 11 January 2022, 14:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @mariecharuit,

I have had a look at the situation and talked about it with a colleague. The only way I could think of to solve the situation right now, is by manual adjustments.
You can pull a custom report at every end of the month and check the absence types which are reducing the accrual balance and see how many days need to get deducted from the entitlement.

Do you think this is helping your current situation?

For a long term solution of course it would be great, to have it in place for the french market. Therefore and that other users can vote for your suggestion as well, it would be great if you create an idea in the ideation area. Here you find a short intro, how to post ideas. 

It is interesting that sick leave is treated like non paid leave. Here I learned something new. :)

Best Regards,
Lena

Badge

Hi Lena, 

Thanks a lot for your answer. Of course we can work with manual ajustements, but with 500 employees, it’s impossible to track it every month. 

I would suggest the idea on the ideation area, but definitely it would be a must have for french market. 

Best regards, 

Marie

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @mariecharuit,

I totally understand. Aditionally I will forward your post to our product team to check that they have this requirement on sight. :) 

I am very sorry, I don’t have a better solution for you at the moment.

Best Regards,
Lena

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @mariecharuit,

as our product team is collecting information like this very detailed. 
Could you please give me a bit more information about the exact calculation, like a formula? Or a source, where we can find this?  

The example with the 2 days sick leave is good, but how is it if the employees are sick several days, lets say 5 days? 

Thanks so much for your support. :) 

Best Regards,
Lena

Badge

Hi Lena, 

Here is how to calculate pro-rated leaves in France: 

Congés Payés 

• Onboarding / Offboarding: 2.08 / 30 x number of calendar days worked in the month 
  • If non paid leaves taken during the month: 2.08 / 30 x number of calendar days worked in the month 
  • If sick leaves taken during the month (for employees who joined less than a year ago): 2.08 / 30 x number of calendar days worked in the month 
  • In case of maternity leave, paternity leave, sick leave (only if the employee joined more than a year ago) taken, no impact/reduction of the number of leave granted

RTT

• Onboarding/Offboarding: 0.83 / number of working days within the month x number of days worked
  • In case of maternity leave, paternity leave, sick leave (only if the employee joined more than a year ago) taken, no impact/reduction of the number of leave granted

I hope this can help. 

Best regards, 

Marie

Your reply