Answered

Unpaid Leave (not for recreation or unexcused absence)

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi there, 

How are you accounting for unpaid leave in the Absence types. The current categories only account for two types of unpaid leave - either for unpaid vacation for recreational purposes or for unexcused absence in cases of no show/no call? 

Also how are you accounting for unpaid sick leave - the categories only account for unpaid sick leave due to a sick child or paid sick leave. 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 3 April 2023, 12:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Volvic 

To answer both questions, as mentioned in our helpcenter article on Absence type categories our absence categories have a limited functional impact on the creation and management of absences. Even for the absence categories Unpaid vacation and Unexcused absence (unpaid), they currently have no effect on the fixed salary or other salary components. 

Therefore you can choose to use whichever category is nearest the desired option for the above instances. If you have ideas for other useful categories, I would kindly ask for you to input them into our Ideation Area

Please let me know if you have any other questions 😊

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thanks Eoin, appreciate the explanation. I’ll share in the ideation area. I understand now that there is no effect on salary but the information is still incorrect as the unpaid leave absence may or may not be unexcused. 

For unpaid sick leave for the employee is the unexcused absence also the recommended category? The only available sick leave category for the employee is noted as paid. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Volvic 

I completely understand your point on that. We only have a select amount of absence categories at the moment and they may not fit every absence type exactly. I appreciate you entering this into our Ideation Area as this is good feedback for our Product Team.

For the unpaid leave, the option I would recommend to use would be the unpaid vacation and for the sick leave you could then use the unexcused absence. 

I am happy to assist in any other questions you may have.

Best,

Conor

Your reply