Best practices calendar integration - share your experience!

• 28 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Dear community, 

our goal is to simplify your HR processes. In order to do so we would like to learn more about your best practices using the calendar integration. 

Do you synchronize your company calendar or use the iCal integration

I’m looking forward to your responses. 

Kind regards from Munich, 

Mirjam

7 replies

Badge

Hallo Mirjam,

we just added the GoogleCalendar - Personio Integration with the and it works out very well. 

The only “negative” point is that the absences are reflected in the Google Calendar as “busy” time which we do not think it is the perfect solution. But Personio told us that is is the way it should work.

Best Ulrike

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @queenrieke ,

thank you very much for sharing! I’m glad that you like our calendar integration. May I ask how you would like to have it displayed in your Google calendar?

Best regards from Munich

Mirjam

Badge

Hello @MirjamPichler ,

it would be great if the absence can be displayed as a “ooo” absence (so 24 hours) and not just for a period of time. Attached you will find what I mean :-)

Best regards from Berlin

Ulrike

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @queenrieke ,

now I got it, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, as one of my colleagues told you already, this is the way how it will be displayed in Google calendar. Hopefully this works also for you.

Looking forward to hear more best practices from you about other settings in Personio :)

Best regards to Berlin

Mirjam

Hi @MirjamPichler 

We struggle with the Google calendar integration. All our Personio absences ( vacation / remote work etc.) are seen as “busy” and people cannot understand if their colleague is working or on holiday. 

How can we solve this issue? Will there be an integration soon? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello @pinars ,

Thank you for reaching out with this question! I would like to reply here on behalf of Mirjam.

Can you double-check the calendar rights, to ensure that the absence types are allowed to be viewed by colleagues? You can do so in Settings > Employee Roles. Start with the basic ‘All Employees’ system role and go to the ‘Calendar’ section. If ‘Absences’ is set to Global, and the specific absences underneath are set to ‘None’, this is what could be causing the calendar integration to show ‘busy’.

For employees to be able to see the absence types of others, the access rights can be changed to ‘Global’ here for ‘Holiday leave’ as an example.

For further information on configuring your Calendar settings: Configure and Manage Access to the Calendar

If, however, you already have this set up correctly, please feel free to send me an IM with your company name and I will be able to check this further for you. You can reach out by hovering over my profile picture and click on the Message icon from here.

Thanks and best regards from Dublin,

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @pinars ,

I’d like to share our IM discussion on this thread too, in case other Community members are curious;

The exact reasons for time off will only be shown in the Calendar tab within everyone's Personio accounts. At the moment, there's no way of transferring this info as part of the integration into your own company calendar (except for those assigned to the category “Remote work”).

The absences imported from Personio will appear as “busy” or "private" to viewers and as “out of office” to the owner of the calendar. The name of the absence type won’t be shown.

It would be great if you could post this as an idea, so that our product team can see what is in demand for the new calendar integration features! To do so, please follow this guide:
https://community.personio.com/welcome-area-2/how-to-submit-an-idea-or-suggest-a-new-feature-125

Thanks so much for your contribution to our community!

Kind regards,

Laura :sunflower:

Your reply