Answered

How to delegate absence management?

• 29 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello community,

I want to know how a manager can delegate absence approval in ones’ team (to one’s own manager or another person) when s/he is on leave (holidays or other reason)?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Lena 30 July 2021, 10:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Thibaut from Swile,

Approval processes are not automatically handed over to substitutes in Personio. This is currently not easy to depict: If you would like to suggest it as a new feature, please post it as an Idea in the ideation area so other community members can vote for it.

We suggest 2 solutions to this topic in our Help Center article.

But there is also another possible workaround for this situation, in order to delegate this process to someone else. We regularly recommend the following steps as well:

1. Set up an employee filter for the affected Team
  2. Define a special rule, by entering the alternative approver
  3. Set a personal reminder to not forget to delete the special rule once the approver is back

Go here to find more detailed instructions about the special approval rulesets.Please let me know if that helps! Looking forward to your reply.

Please let me know if that helps. Looking forward to your reply.
I know this can seem complicated at first, so please don’t hesitate to get back to me with any further questions regarding this topic!

If you have any other questions about Personio or ideas to share with the Community, feel free to create a new topic anytime. We are always listening. :) 

Best Regards,
Lena

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Thibaut from Swile ,

I just want to check with you if you were able to solve your issue or if you do need any more help? 
Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Selina

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Selina, hello @Lena,

I understood the process but I think we really need a simple feature for that, with the possibility for the manager to delegate to one’s own manager (or other person).

When you have many employees and managers, you cannot do it one by one, especially if you have to contact admin to do it.

Thanks,
Thibaut

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Thibaut from Swile,

totally got your point! 

If you want you can share your wish as an idea in our Ideation Area. You can find a short intro on how you post your idea best here to make sure that the Community and our Product Team are having every information they need. :) 

Best,
Selina 

Your reply