Answered

Dual Citizenship in HR information

• 17 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi all,

How have you tackled the nationality in HR information if it is a dual citizenship? At the moment you can only choose one nationality but if your employee has a dual citizenship and they want to have them both reported, not just one nationality. 

Thanks,

Katriina

icon

Best answer by Ann-Sophie 24 September 2021, 13:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Katriina, this is a great question!

I look forward to hearing some examples and advice from other community members who use Personio.

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 1

Hi @Katriina,

I work in Personio’s HR department. Happy to share some insights on how we handle this situation :slight_smile:

We do not track dual nationality, but rather the nationality that is relevant to the employment relationship.

This would mean, for example, that if someone has German and American citizenship, we track the German citizenship only. That’s because the employee is allowed to work in Personio (our EU offices), while they would need a work permit with the American citizenship.

If you really would like to have the second nationality recorded in the system, you could track it in Personio by adding a separate attribute to the employee profile and calling it “second nationality” or something similar. Afterwards, the employees who have a dual nationality can add both, if they wish to do so.

Tip: Just make sure to keep the “first nationality” as the one that is most relevant for your work permits.

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you @Ann-Sophie

I think this is valid for us as well, that we approach this matter with what is important to the employment and then add the second nationality as an attribute to the employee’s information. 

Thanks,

Katriina 

Your reply