Answered

Document creation access rights

• 26 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

As an administrator I have access to everything in Personio. I have HR colleagues in different locations (without admin rights), who would also like to be able to create documents and personalise them and send them put for signatures. However this does not seem to be an option for them. They can not personalise via the {{ }}. Is this something I can change in the access rights? I can’t fnd the right option. I know they can upload documents and create templates, but I’m talking about the customisation you can add like this: https://support.personio.de/hc/en-us/articles/115003866625#creating-document-templates

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Lauraglendon 26 August 2021, 18:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @LaureRoeland,

First of all, welcome to the Personio Community :tada: Great to have you on board!

Can you confirm that your colleagues in HR have edit access, or is it custom access to only a certain group? If it’s custom access, of course they can only update documents within the custom group of employees. To check this, go to Settings > Employee Roles > HR role > Documents > Edit. If ‘Edit - Own’ is not ticked, they will not be able to edit documents on their own profile. (Guide here!)

Editing rights enable them to use/personalise/send document templates and delete documents as well. 

Once you are happy with their access here, please then try and log in an employee, by clicking on one of your HR colleague’s profiles and selecting the ‘Login as employee’ key:

Login as employee

From there, go to an employees account that they should have Document Edit access to, and try to create a document.

If, by chance, you would like them to also have access to upload new document templates in Settings > Documents, you can grant them ‘Account Configuration’ - ‘Documents’ access (in Settings > Employee Roles > HR role).

Please check our our Access Rights in Detail guide too, to ensure you are happy with these settings.

Please let me know if this works for you. If you have any further questions on it, I will gladly assist.

All the best,

Laura :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura, thank you very much! I indeed forgot to indicate the ‘account config > documents’. May I ask you, is it possible when someone creates a document that needs multiple signatures, can the next person in line also still add text to the document? If there are placeholders still empty? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @LaureRoeland ,

Perfect, I’m glad it’s solved! 

That’s a great question. The placeholders and content of the document can only be edited upon creation. There is the option to add notes however, so that anyone with access to the document in an employee’s account can add a comment that’s visible under associated employee’s page.

To do so, go to the their Documents section, click on the pencil icon beside the document name and type comment, like so;

I really love this idea and would recommend adding it to the ideation section within our Personio Community, if you believe this is something that you and other Personio users could benefit from!

If there is anything else we can help with, please do let us know.

Best regards,

Laura

Your reply