Holiday absences - make it an option if it should be private

• 1 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

the new absence integration into calendars is great, it saves so much time. 

However one main reason for the absence to be in someone’s calendar is that their team members can see and know it. So that the appointment is private by default is a bit beside the point.

Could we make this an option similar to the interview appointments for companies to decide whether they want this to be private or public?

Best,

Linda

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @LindaV,

first of all, a warm welcome to the Personio Community! It’s nice to have you here. :)

I am happy to help here as far as I can. It is possible for your calendar administrators to change the settings, so that absences and interviews are shown also for other employees and are not private anymore.

Due to data privacy reasons we have to make these meetings available as private events. Every company can then decide on their own whether they want to show the meetings to others or not. 

I hope this helps? Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Lena

Hi Lena,

thanks for your reply. While it is indeed possible to set the calendar integration for interviews so that they are not marked private, this feature does not seem to be available for the absences. Please see attached screenshot from my profile.

If I got something wrong here, happy if you could let me know how to switch it on that absences are not private.

Best,

Linda

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @LindaV,

I have just gotten aware of your answer during our “Community spring cleaning”.

When activating the calendar integration, this always includes the Absences and only if you want the interviews, so only the interviews are optional.

I have to add that the calendar integration is pulling the absences by default under the title "Absent". If this is not the case, then probably someone has changed it in the settings of your company calendar. This can not be changed in Personio. 

Does this information help you? 

Best Regards,
Lena

Your reply