Help us to make the salary tab in Personio even better for you!

• 9 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Calling all HR managers 📢

I'm Julia, a user experience researcher at Personio. I'm focusing on how we can improve our payroll solution and I'm working closely with our product & design teams to build the best product for you.

Are you a HR manager responsible for payroll in your company? Do you often use the Salary tab in Personio to add or edit salary compensation? If so, I encourage you to take part in our 1 on 1 user interview to give us feedback on our redesign of the salary tab

Here's everything you need to know to get started:

When: 11th-18th August
Time commitment: around 60 minutes
How: via Zoom
Next step: it’s easy — use this link to choose the time that works for you.

Why participate? We know preparing payroll is a big challenge. So we're on a mission to make this process easy and trustworthy. Taking part in our interview means you'll help us find the right solution and create the best product for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in this community — I look forward to hearing from you!

This thread has been closed for comments. If you have an additional question,
just click on the "Ask the community" button above to create a new post! :)

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Julia_S_Personio,

I have reached out to our HR Team and will schedule a meeting.

A few things I would like to address already now:

• Drop-down lists for types of “One-time compensations" and “Recurring compensation”
    • We have different salary types for different legal entities/countries, but we cannot prefilter that list. For HR Managers it is very difficult to find the correct type.
    • Also we cannot delete a type of One-time compensation after it was created even if we delete all entries of that type.
  • It would be great if the working time model (attendance tab) and the weekly hours were linked better. A simple solution would be to display the working time model next to the main salary, when in editing mode and to also allow to edit the working time model on the salary tab. Also this should include a visual warning if working time model and working hours in the salary do not match.
  • When changing between different Bonus types the historical values should not be lost
  • For the main salary it would be great if it was possible to edit entries instead of having to delete them and recreate a corrected version.
  • It would be great if for recurring compensations it was possible to decide how they are calculated: e.g. prorated or not prorated depending on Hire date and Termination date

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Friedrich,

Thank you so much for your post and your input on our product! Your feedback is much appreciated and I have forwarded it to the dedicated product team. I would love to talk to you about your feedback and show you our new design for the salary tab.

Feel free to book a time slot with this link.
If you can’t find a slot that suits you, just let me know. I’m sure we’ll find something.

Thanks a lot & have a great day!
Julia

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Julia,

I’m Linda, HR Director at Cetitec (the only HR person 😉!

Two things would be helpful for us on the payroll side of Personio:

1: The ability to pick employee documents from the employees file and export them with the payroll list I pull for our external provider.  We often have changes in health insurances, savings accounts, contractual changes etc. and our payroll provider requests documentation of the changes prior to processing them in payroll.  I currently have to remember to pull these manually which can be a lot of work. My workaround at the moment is to have a large (green!) sticky note in my little black book on which I write all payroll relevant changes as they occur. Then when I process payroll I access the employees’ files and pull the documents needed.  It would be good if I could add the documents without having to download them.

2,  Our company pays an annual bonus which is a %-age of the employee’s annual based salary and linked to company performance. I have not fund a good way of reflecting this in Personio but it may be that I simply am not aware of how best to do this.  There is no reflection of individual performance in the bonus payment.  If anyone can help me reflect this in Personio I will be externally grateful 👍

Many thanks1

Cheers,

Linda

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@Linda we have the same issue in regard to bonus which are a percentage of the annual base salary.

Also it would be great if it was easier to switch between annual and monthly salary. To make this possible, it would be great, if a 13th and 14th salary was supported. We can manage that somehow with recurring compensations, but this is really complicated and in some countries all employees receive a 13th and 14th salary.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Linda ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I’ve forwarded it to the dedicated product team.
Do you maybe have time to participate in a user interview/ux test on the salary tab in Personio in the next days? We have created a new version of the salary tab and would love to have your feedback on that.

You can choose a time slot that fits you best with this link.

Thanks a lot & have a great day!
Julia

It should be possible to prorate the salary not just on on 'days per month' and 30 days, but by actual working days per payroll period and worked days.