Would you like to provide feedback on new document functionality?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Personio Product Manager
  • 19 replies

Hi Community Members!

My name is Conor, I'm the Product Manager for Personio Document Management and would like to thank you again for engaging with the Personio community. It's a great source of insight for us working in Product, Engineering & Design.

We regularly test ideas with prototypes to build our confidence in a solution. We are currently evaluating whether a dedicated space to view and manage company documents, such as policies and guidelines, would be useful to you. We are using an online rapid testing tool, Maze.co, for this test.

If you are interested to test out the prototype and provide feedback, you can open https://t.maze.co/45076715 to begin

Best
Conor

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If you do take part in this test, please let us know in a comment below! There will be a little  surprise waiting for you 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thank You for those who participated already!

Dear @werner @UKeir @Linda @Sanja @emmy.wolterink @Carolina @HRTech @raddenol @SimonAndersen @Jordan_McCullough @Kaffeeleserin 

I am tagging you because you have previously made some suggestions on how to improve our Document features. Perhaps you may be interested in testing the prototype for “Company Documents”. 

To participate, click on the link in the blue box above.

Screenshot from the Prototype linked above

Leave a comment below if you have completed the test, or if you have any questions about this!

I am also linking a very similar idea that was posted by @UKeir 

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hey @Daniele 

More than happy to help out :D 

Thanks 

Jordan

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Are there any roles and rights settings for this: e.g. document XY only visible for Employees from Subcompany WZ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This would be very helpful for us! Great improvement.

Another wish: Possibility to get a confirmation if a employee read a file. (e.g. safety rules)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Daniele,

I already completed the test and I also left my feedback in the final comment space. It looked good and I think it will be beneficial for all of us :)

I think the question that @HRTech posted above is very good. Having access rights for this based on role and subcompany would be a very helpful addition and it will enable to layer communications based on location or company structure.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @HRTech, @emmy.wolterink and @Sanja,

Thank you very much for testing our prototype and your comments! I can provide you with a short feedback on them.

As for the access rights@HRTech and @Sanja, in the future we would like to enable detailed access rights for this feature as well. How these will look exactly, is not yet determined. The first version will not include access rights.

@emmy.wolterink we will keep your wish in mind when exploring improvements of this feature!

Best,

Susi

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Jordan_McCullough@HRTech@emmy.wolterink and @Sanja,

Just letting you know that I awarded you all with a new badge as a Thank You for providing your feedback here. Congratulations! 🎉

To view all your badges, just hover your mouse pointer over your name or profile picture, or just go to your profile by clicking on your name.
The more active you will be in the community, the more badges you will collect. (For a good example, see @Jordan_McCullough 👑)

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
Daniele 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Ahhhh why is “get started” grayed out for me :weary: maybe it’s our overly aggressive firewall?

This concept looks awesome (first of all) and opening up prototypes to the community is an amazing idea!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Willem,
Thanks! We will be posting more tests on a regular basis, so keep an eye on the Community 😊

Did you manage to do the maze test?

The “Get Started” button took a dozen seconds to load, but it worked fine!

Best,
Daniele

Just finished the test! I found this feature very helpful, as we currently store company-wide documents in a shared OneDrive. Do you know if and when this feature will be introduced? 

Best,
Emma

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Emma Tcheng, thank you for your feedback!
I am tagging @conor to check if there are any news about this.

Have a lovely weekend!
Daniele

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey everyone!

Thank you again for providing feedback on the prototype and in general for contributing to the community. In the last months, our developers have been focused on improving the underlying technology used in Document Management — this foundation will allow us to bring deeper functionality to you in the future.

The setup of a new team can be a bit of a rollercoaster, so I’ve been hesitant to comment on when a feature like this could be delivered. While we don’t have it all figured out, we feel confident that this will help solve HR problems and can be extended with more functionality over time.

We will bring you more news on this early next year 😊

Badge

@conor Thanks for the last update here. Just wondering if you’ve made some progress on the roadmap and have an idea of when such a functionality might be released?

Thanks,

Tommy

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for the question @Tommy A 

We don’t currently have this initiative planned for development. While we feel confident that it provides value for our users, it has been prioritised below other core work that is urgently needed. Our current focus is to improve the underlying technology and resulting user experience that enables HR People & employees to manage their documents. A lot of it is "behind the scenes" work that may not be immediately visible for you, but is crucial in ensuring that our product runs smoothly.

I don’t expect we will be able to pick this up this year, however, we will keep this initiative in mind for future development.

Your reply