Coming Soon: The new Document Creation UX

• 16 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Personio Product Manager
  • 19 replies

Hello community!

We are happy to share that improvements are coming to the Document Creation experience, in no small part based on your feedback. This should make the process using document templates much quicker and easier to use

If you would like to access these changes early, let us know by reacting to the post or adding a comment and we will include you in the early adopters

So, what is changing?

1. The overall experience has been rebuilt in the Personio design language, bringing improved consistency and readability standards to the creation process
  2. Template selection will now be searchable, making it easier to find the right template
  3. Document Templates will be listed alphabetically, categories continue to be ordered in settings
  4. Templates can now be renamed or recategorised in settings
  5. The template form is more dynamic
    1. Option Variables will be displayed first, General variables will be second
    2. We support multiple input field types (text, numbers, dates, etc), with the ability to extend this later
  6. The preview will update on demand. No more pauses while adding information
  7. You can name the document before creating it in the employees account 
  8. Add support for weekly hours with a decimal place

Coming soon / exploring

As well as these changes, we have a few more items in the pipeline that we are excited to show you, including some explorations into feasibility:

• Move directly to signature request flow
  • Add support for overriding localisation preferences (e.g. using a , or . for a decimal place)
  • [Exploring] Adding support for checkboxes
  • [Exploring] Visualise where in the document variables are been used
  • [Exploring] Hiding variables that are unused in the document

Note: we cannot guarantee that our explorations will be successful, however, we are hopeful about each investigation :)

Want to give feedback and help shape the Documents product ?

We would love to hear your feedback and experiences to help shape the future of the product. Please add a reply below if you have any questions or feedback to share, or book a call with me on Calendly

https://calendly.com/conor-lynch/community-outreach

We plan to release the new experience throughout the end of May & June

Conor, on behalf of the Documents team

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We have now enabled this for your accounts @emmy.wolterink @delleigh — hopefully this makes your day a little brighter 😀

If you have feedback on the update, you can let us know in this post.

-Conor

Badge

That’s great - thanks!
I’ll let you know how it goes :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @conor, the document section is still the same for me. Looking forward to the update.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @conor, the document section is still the same for me. Looking forward to the update.

Hey @emmy.wolterink — I double-checked and your company should be enrolled in the change. You will only see the changes after clicking “Create” in the documents section

If you still have issues, please send me your company domain in a private message

-Conor

Hello @conor

we would love to try the feature as well :) I am super excited to try this feature out, since we are currently adjusting our templates. Looking forward to hear from you. 

Best, 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks @MatthiasUSC — I have added your company to the feature.

Happy document creation!

-Conor

Hi @conor

awesome! I really appreciate it and I am excited to test the feature. Have a great day :) 

Badge +3

Point 6 is a game changer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@conor 

Look forward to seeing it launched.

Let me know if you want to push it into your Personio HR instance.

As you know we don’t use Documents, more specifically, Document Creation very much presently - but can see it’s potential based on ongoing and future enhancements. (currently use DocuSign).

Your reply