Answered

Custom reports & Applications: no data available

• 16 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey everyone, 

My issue: I am having a really hard time analysing the recruiting data, since there is no possibility to GET the data for applications and applicants via the API. However, I can also not use the custom report section, since no data about applications is available (checked yesterday with an admin). 

Can someone please show me an option on how to get: 

• the current state of applications: e.g. ID, dates of creation, acceptance, rejection, reasons for it
  • application + recruiting phase changes

We really need this data in order to get a reliable calculation for the duration of recruiting processes (e.g. time to offer, time to hire, time to fill). The reports Personio is offering are not really reliable, since it is not grouped by the suitable dates. 

Question: how do you get the relevant data for applications from Personio for further analysis?

icon

Best answer by Marc 17 March 2022, 16:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @FriederikeThies,

have you already tried out the applications export in the recruiting? It contains the information you are asking for.

You can find the export navigating to Recruiting > Applications > Export.

You can find more details in the Helpcenter Article Exporting Application Data.

If there is anything open, I am here to help.

Have a great day!
Marc

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just for any other person having the same issue as me: Personio is only allowing and export of the last 3 months. So in order to get one entire year you will have to create 4 separate CSVs and then add this together. 

Attention: in case you want to ingest these CSVs into a data warehouse, make sure to only open the files with textedit because otherwise your data structure will get broken for sure. Really recomment creating one CSV using the terminal. 

Frustration level: high. 

Hello to everyone in the Personio community,

Is there any way to get application data out of the system without having to do it manually?

We would like to either create a custom report that can be retrieved via the API (which is not possible right now), use the API directly to get application data (which is not supported yet), or use the application export as a base (which requires a manual download).

As far as I know, there is no way to retrieve data programmatically, is that correct?
And if so, do you have a timeline for when to expect any of these features?

Thanks in advance!

All the best
Johannes

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Johannes,

First, I wanted to give you a warm welcome to the Personio Community 🎉.

To retrieve information from your applications, you can use the export function of the Application Export, as you mentioned. On the moment, there is no functionality that allows retrieving this information programmatically and automatically.

Friederike posted a suggestion of improvement in our ideation area about this topic:

Feel free to vote for this idea in order to be informed if we release it.

In general, we don’t share a timeline of functionalities that will be implemented. Nevertheless, your feedback is always appreciated and taken into consideration. Our product team works in improvements and new functionalities depending on the value that they bring to all our customers. Your ideas and votes helps them identify which features to focus on. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

Have a lovely day!

Cheers,

Andrea

Your reply