Answered

Absence / Annual Leave

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, 

We've built our absence/annual leave policy in the settings however, it doesn't seem to be correct. 

I've tried Prorated Calculation to both daily and monthly prorated but still seems to be wrong. 

For example, we have 25 annual leave and our annual leave year starts from 1st January of every year to 31st December.

We had a leaver recently in Febuary but he was only entitled to 2 days instead of 4 considering 25/12 = almost 2 annual day each month. 

Can this please be explained because it is wrong for all of our employees now

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 13 February 2023, 11:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @ZaheerA 

So daily prorated means the calculation will be made on how many full days were worked within a month. For example, if I started on the 15th of the month, this means I will only work 15 days of the month (15/30) and therefore I would only receive half my monthly entitlement. 

For the monthly prorated option, the calculation is based on how many full months were worked. For example, if I were to have my employment terminated effective 1st of April then I would have worked the full three months of January, February and March. Therefore I will receive 3 months worth of entitlement. 

The only thing to be aware of here is it needs to be a full month worked. If the employee starts on the 2nd or 3rd of the month, then they would not be granted the monthly entitlement.

If you have multiple employees who you are experiencing issues with, I would kindly advise that you the Account Owner for your organization submit a ticket via Find AnswersWe will be happy to look into this further for you and help you to a solution on this. 

I will be happy to assist further in any way that I can.

Best,

Conor

Your reply