Absences endpoint for API: Time-off-Type vs. Absence-Type

• 28 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m trying to implement the /company/absence-periods endpoint, but I can’t find any information about “absence_type”. absence-periods return for example “absence_type”.”id” = "6c172f08-e46a-471e-9fcb-4aa2793c625c", but /company/time-off-types returns an id with an integer value. Where can I lookup the absence_type.id value? How do I match time-off-type to absence-type?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ammar! Thank you very much for your question. We are looking into the topic and I will get in touch with you as soon as I clarified the answer.

I appreciate your patience!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @ammar,

As promised, the product team and I looked into your question. In order to be able to support you as best as possible, it would be very helpful if you could please share a screenshot with us of the API script showing the end points you mentioned. Please make sure the screenshot doesn’t contain any private information. We only need to analyze the information you need support for.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer! 

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dear @Andrea , I’m not sure I understand.
I’m simply calling https://api.personio.de/v1/company/absence-periods , and I’m receiving this. My question was, what is "absence_type”, and how do I resolve its “id”

{
"success": true,
"data": [
{
"type": "AbsencePeriod",
"attributes": {
"id": "b3ee5a66-6fac-4762-91d3-e9eb431ccaeb",
"absence_type": {
"type": "AbsenceType",
"attributes": {
"id": "6c172f08-e46a-471e-9fcb-4aa2793c625c"
}
}
}
}
]
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ammar 👋🏼,

Thank you very much for your superfast answer ⚡️.

In your original question, you also asked what the time-off-type is and what the difference was between this information (which is an integer value) and the absence_type.id. I can clarify internally what the absence_type.id is and how to match it to your Absence types. 

Would you also want me to clarify what the difference between absence_type.id and time-off-type is? If so, it would also be helpful to have a screenshot of the API script in which you receive the time-off-type.

Thanks again for this information :).

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

OK, absence and timeoff are 2 different things, I understand that. I just need to find out how do I translate absence_type_id to human readable form. In case there is still no resolvement, it’s not too bad.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @ammar,

Thank you so much for your patience! As promised, I brought this topic up internally and discussed it with our product team. 

The end point for “absence id” is inoperative at the moment since it delivers no valid information inside Personio. In the future, the endpoint absence_type_id will show the Absence Types in your account tracked in hours, but for now it only shows a value, which cannot be resolved. This will be released shortly, so I will let you know as soon as this is the case. For now, you can ignore the value.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this topic!

I wish you a great start in to the week.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply