Answered

Approval of absence cancelation before approving

• 12 June 2023
  • 2 replies

• Getting Started
  • 0 replies

Hi,

We are currently looking into absences and stumbled upon a little problem. When someone asks for an absence, but then wants to cancel it before it is approved the person who needs to approves now needs to approve of this cancellation. Is there a way we can turn this of? Because it would make sense that you get a notification or request for approval after the former request already was approved. But before it is approved there is no need for us to approve of a cancellation and would only cause more unnecessary work. 

Hope this explanation is clear enough!

Thanks in advance and kind regards 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 12 June 2023, 13:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Pien 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

The current behaviour on Personio is that if the employee requests an absence and it has not been approved by the approver, they can delete it without any further approval steps. However, if the employee requests an absence, it gets approved and they wish to delete this, then they need to ask for approval on this deletion. 

I would kindly ask you to test this out once again, as I have just ran through the steps on my test account and the employee should still be able to delete the absence as long as it has not been approved yet. To answer your other question, unfortunately there is no way to edit this process. The normal process is to ensure that employees cannot delete approved absences without getting approval first. 

Please let me know if you run into any further difficulties with this or anything else.

Have a nice Monday ☘️

Best,

Conor

Badge

Dear Personio team, we are experiencing issues with similar topic. We have had few cases where people were able to delete approved requests without any further notifications to HR of other approvers in the line. It leaves no evidence in the system at all, which is a hudge issue and a big risk of fraud. At the same time, the vacation requests, which have not been approved by supervisor, can be also deleted without any trace. We have tested this today and the system does not demonstrate expected behavior as you described neither with approved or not requests.

Your reply