Answered

Holiday old/new employee

• 10 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Personio Team, 

I have a question. We hired a new employee that worked with us 2 years ago and he is starting to work with us again from 01.01.2024. We reactived his Personio profile. Unfortunately, his vacation paid details are wrong. 

The employee has 24 holidays. We added our holiday policy to his profile assigned from 01.01.2024. His vacation paid details said that he has -3 carryover from past years ( in 2022 he took 3 vacation paid). 

Could you tell me the reason about this wrong information? Why does the system take these 3 vacation paid as negative? How could we fix the amount of 21 to the correct one amount of 24. 

Screenshots attached. 

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 11 January 2024, 18:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @naima_alcantara,

Even if we turn off the Carryover from previous policy it will still show -3 days, because the employee took 3 days more then the entitlement back them.
If there is an interruption of employment, we recommend to create a new Employee profile, because this has a consequence with vacation days, for example we cannot assign an Accrual policy starting NOV, if the Hire date was previously different we will have to do manual adjustments, also it has an impact on the Tenure and History in case you would like to pull out a report.

In case you wouldn’t like to create a new profile you can do a manual adjustment in the balance to add 3 more days in current period, here you will find more information regarding: Adjust absence balances

In this article you will find more information regarding: How Do I Manage Employees Being Re-Employed In Personio?

Best,

Sofia 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you for the information Sofia!

Regards,

Naima

Your reply