Answered

How can I show someone is "on call" in their calendar without setting this up as an absence type?

• 18 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone

We have a number of employees who are on “24/7 on call service” at certain times. We would like this to be shown in the calendar view so that all employees can see who is on-call during a particular week. 

The only way I can think to do this is to set this up as an absence so that the employee selects this absence type so it appears in their calendar. But this then makes it look like the employee is out of the office during this period rather than on-call. Is there another way I can do this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 19 April 2023, 10:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Kelli 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

The only thing I could recommend in this would be to use absences, to let other employees know of this using our Absence Calendar.

We have two types of absences, a true absence where the employee is absent from work such as Paid Vacation and an untrue absence such as Remote Work. To tell the difference between these two absences on Personio is based on a setting within absences called ‘consider time tracked during absences as overtime’ and in your case you would disable this setting. 

Additionally, if you are using the Calendar Integration, I would ensure that you choose the remote work absence category, as this will stop the absence being pushed into an Out of Office event on the employees personal calendar. Instead you would grant access to this absence type for all employees so that they can view this in the Absence Calendar on Personio. 

Finally, I would maybe put in the title of the absence some sort of message within brackets to highlight to other employees that its not a true absence. This is just a recommendation, however you will know which suits your organization better. 

If you require any help in setting this up, please let me know.

Have a great start to your day ☀️

Best,

Conor

Your reply