No leave accrued if employee leaves

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am trying to setup maternity leave in our absences. This should be available at maximum from the beginning (i.e. no proration) but at end of employment there should be no accrual / none paid out. 

How can I make that happen for end of employment?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @sashah,

I would like to support you with your inquiry, nevertheless I need more details about the use case. 

• Do you mean that maternity leave should work differently for employees whose employment has been terminated?
  • Would you like to set up this absence with an accrual policy? I ask this, since you are mentioning no accrual.

It would be very helpful if you could share examples of the use case, so I can fully understand how you would like to set up this absence.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Best,

Andrea

Badge

Hi @Andrea thanks for your support. So for our Maternity policy, there wouldn’t be any accrual - i.e. even if an employee went on maternity leave 2 months after joining or 2 months into the year they would be eligible for the full allowance. If they were to leave during maternity or having unused maternity leave though this would be lost / not paid out as unused leave. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sashah,

I can imagine you have set up an accrual policy for maternity leave, is this right? In this case, it is possible to undertake a manual adjustment for the absence balance of this absence type when an employee leaves the company while on maternity leave. When you configure the employment termination for a certain employee, the system asks to adjust the entitlements of the employee in case there is an accrual policy activated for the absence type:O

Employee profile > Terminate employment

In this area, you will be able to adjust the employee’s entitlement for maternity leave to 0.

Would this solution work for you?

Cheers,

Andrea

Badge

Thanks @Andrea  I don’t think we would need an accrual policy as the employee would be eligible for full maternity from the when they join and at the beginning of each year also? 

Could adjust down to 0 on termination but manual is not ideal.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @sashah,

If no Accrual policy is needed, then you don’t need to set up a proration for maternity. You can leave the absence type with accrual policies deactivated, like for absences such as sickness. 

Did you set up the absence type maternity leave and activated the accrual policy?

Looking forward to your response!

Best,

Andrea

Your reply