Answered

Planned leave is calculated incorrectly for public holidays

• 7 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Liebe Community,

folgendes Problem hat sich bei uns ergeben:

Eintragung Urlaub 01.08.2023 - 25.08.2023 bei einer 2-Tage-Woche (Dienstag und Freitag)

→ 7 Tage Urlaub insgesamt, da der 15.08.2023 im Feiertagskalender Bayern ein Feiertag ist und auch im Unternehmenskalender so angezeigt wird.

Im Abwesenheitskalender werden rechts bei “bezahlter Urlaub” 2 vergangene und 6 geplante Urlaubstage angezeigt, insgesamt also 8 Tage, siehe Screenshot. Im Kalender selbst und wenn man neben “Übersicht für 2023” auf den Punkt mit dem Kreis-Pfeil klickt, werden korrekterweite 7 Tage angezeigt. Der verfügbare Urlaub wird deshalb in der Übersicht bei den Abwesenheitsarten falsch berechnet.

Weiß jemand worin der Fehler liegen könnte und was man ggf. zur Lösung tun muss?

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße

Thorsten (im Unternehmen Geschäftsführer, in Personio Administrator)

Dear Community,

The following problem has arisen for us:

Entry of holiday 01.08.2023 - 25.08.2023 with a 2-day week (Tuesday and Friday).

→ 7 days of holiday in total, as 15.08.2023 is a public holiday in the Bavarian public holiday calendar and is also displayed as such in the company calendar.

In the absence calendar, 2 past and 6 planned days of leave are displayed on the right under "paid leave", i.e. a total of 8 days, see screenshot. In the calendar itself and if you click on the dot with the circle arrow next to "Overview for 2023", 7 days are displayed correctly. The available leave is therefore calculated incorrectly in the overview for the absence types.

Does anyone know what the error could be and what you have to do to solve it?

Many thanks and best regards

Thorsten (Managing Director in the company, administrator in Personio)

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 10 August 2023, 12:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @tho_mey,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here :confetti_ball: :partying_face:
I have translated your post to English, since this platform is used by users from different countries. Make sure to share any post in English so that others can answer your questions, take part in your discussions and upvote your ideas 😊

In regards your question, I don’t know if you took the screenshot the same day you posted the question and if the employee already took a day before the 1st of August, just to try to help you here I have a few questions:

• Did the employee take any day before 1st of August?
  • Did you take the screenshot on the 7th of August or before? Just to understand if the system already deducted from the Planned days if the employee already enjoyed some days of vacation.

I think I would be able to help you with this information, if not, I will suggest to contact Personio Support team. I’m looking forward to hearing back from you!

P.S. If you rather communicate in German, make sure to visit our DACH Community, where this is the official language.

I wish you a lovely day! 😃

Best,

Zulema

Hi Zulema,

thank you for your respond.

• Did the employee take any day before 1st of August?
    • No, the employee ist new in our company and new in Personio without any other days off before 1st of August and after August. These days in August are the only entries in Personio for her.
  • Did you take the screenshot on the 7th of August or before? Just to understand if the system already deducted from the Planned days if the employee already enjoyed some days of vacation.
    • I took the screenshot on 7th of August. I’ve entered the days for August myself on 7th of August and took the screenshot right after that. The employe doesn’t even have access to Personio so far.

Thank you again, best regards

Thorsten

Userlevel 5

Hi @tho_mey,

Thanks for the clarification! 🙂

This might be related to the set up of the absence type. If you go to Settings > Work Hours and Absences > Absence, in the absence type “Bezahlter Urlaub” and check the Validity. There you can choose which days of the week should be counted when calculating the absence entitlement. We have there the different options to choose depending on the Public Holidays, if you want them to be included or excluded. 

For more information about this topic, you can visit this Helpcenter article: Define the Range of Absence Types (Valid On). You can also find examples. 

If you consider your configuration is set up correctly, I would suggest you to contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers.  My colleagues will be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you. Be aware that only Account Owners can contact our support team. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with!

I hope you have a great day! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Thanks again, the setup was correct, as you described it.

I’ve changed the Setup back and forth, erased the employee and added her completely new, nothing changed a thing.

I’ve now had a phone call with the support team, they suppose it might be a software Bug and try to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

Thorsten

Userlevel 5

Hi @tho_mey,

I’m glad to hear that my colleagues from the Support team are taking care of it! 👏🏼

Hopefully they can find out what’s happening soon! 

Thanks for letting me know! 😃

Best,

Zulema

Your reply