Answered

Public holidays for each employee in the Absence Timeline view

• 16 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I work in a very distributed company, and the people in my team reside in 7 different countries. I know that I can display public holiday calendars in the Absence Timeline view, but that view doesn't seem to take the employee locations into account: it just displays a day as "public holiday" as soon as at least one selected country has that day off.  

But that doesn't make sense to me: I would like the box for a given employee to be shaded if and only if the calendar in the location for that employee has a public holiday. And I don't want to have to manually select which calendar should be used: the calendar of each selected employee should be applied to that employee, and only those residing in the same location. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Xavier

PS: At this time, I only have the fake data because we're not yet Personio customers. Is this related?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 16 June 2023, 16:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @Xavier.06,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here :confetti_ball: :partying_face:.
I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

In the Absence Timeline view you will be able to see the Public Holidays calendar for the Office you have been assigned. Example, if you are assigned to the Madrid office, you will see the Madrid public holidays calendar, but if another employee has been assigned to the Berlin office, that employee will see the public holidays calendar for Berlin. We have the option to export the Personio Calendar via an iCal link. You can export the Personio Calendar to Google Calendar, Apple Calendar and Outlook, very easily, so if your company uses one of them, you can see all offices Public Holidays calendars in one place by following the step in our Helpcenter article: Export absence types

Let’s say that you have five different offices, so you have to generate five different iCal links and add it to your external calendar. 

I’m aware that this is not what you are looking for but you have this option available, I hope it helps! Anyway, I would like to encourage you to look for an existing idea and vote for it or post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area in case you don’t find any idea that describes your need:

→ How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing weekend! 😀

Best,

Zulema

Your reply