Answered

Vacation policy changes

• 27 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi there

I am testing the vacation policy change in Personio and have assigned myself a new policy at the start of the next entitlement period.  This was a test but I cannot now remove the assigned policy. How can I do this?

Also:  Without having a retrospective change, if I want to active the carry over cut-off do I have to add new absence types (would be confusing) as I cannot add the cut-off date into the individual accrual policies (where I believe it would make more sense as we have one absence type (vacation) but different conditions across Croatia, Germany and the USA.

Thanks for any support.

Enjoy your day!

Linda

icon

Best answer by Andrea 28 September 2022, 13:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Linda,

Thank you very much for your question 🤗.

In order to be able to delete an accrual policy, it must be removed from the profiles it was assigned to. This is to avoid any loss of data accidentally. You can remove the accrual policy from your profile by going to your profile and clicking on the absence tab. In the respective absence type, you can click on manage policy and unassign the accrual policy you want to delete:

This should allow the deletion of the test accrual policy in the settings.

→ Regarding your second question: 

The best way to manage absences with different carryover limits, is to create different absence types. Other users with offices in other countries manage their absences this way as well. In order for your employees not to be confused by the different absence types, it is important to only grant them access rights to the absence type they should request absences from (Settings > Employee roles > Access rights > Absences). This way, they will only see the absence type they must request absences from in their profiles.

Please let me know if this information is helpful, or if you have any further questions!

I wish you a lovely day 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply