Answered

Vacation policy with increasing number of days of vacation (depending on the length of tenure)?

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
  • Communicator
  • 43 replies

Dear Personians,

Is it possible to have a vacation policy that takes into consideration length of tenure so that initially someone has default number of days, a year later x additional days, a year after that y additional days, etc.

Thank you,

Vida

icon

Best answer by EricaMacari 12 April 2023, 15:17

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Vida  

Yes, this is possible on Personio. This can done when setting up your Accrual policy from Settings > Absence > The relevant Absence type > Accrual Policies. In the 4th step of the Accrual policy creation wizard you can set up your Tenure-based rules as seen below:

Tenure-Based Rules Settings​​​​​

From here you can set up as much additional leave needed based on the years an employee has been with your company. You can define the frequency (currently only available for absences tracked in hours), the number of granted days/hours and also the granting moment (on the day of the tenure anniversary or at the start of the accrual period after the work anniversary). 

Please keep in mind the rules are cumulative so any relevant employee will be applicable for each rule that applies to their tenure. For example if you add the rules "After 1 year(s), add 24 hours" and “After 2 year(s), add 24 hours", then an employee with over 2 years tenure will receive 48 extra hours of time off. 

I hope the information I gave above has helped you in approaching this situation. However, if you need any further assistance, please let me know 😊

All the best, 

Erica

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thank you @EricaMacari 

Your reply