Answered

Vacation proration 28 days/year, start mid-month

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! Sorry if this is a silly question, I just can’t make sense on how the prorated vacation entitlement works for employees who start mid-month. I read this article, but I have the opposite issue actually.

One of our colleagues started on the 15.08.23. She has an annual entitlement of 28 days. She did not take any time off in 22, and the 8 days she was correctly carried over into 2023. On January she was granted her prorated +2 days.

The issue is when her waiting time was over in February 23, the system granted her 27.28 days, which does not make sense to me, as I understand she should have been granted 26 days, plus 2 days prorated in January = 28 days in total for 2023. What am I missing here? See screenshot below:

Thanks for any help!!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 18 August 2023, 13:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @johanna.simon 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

It is not a silly question at all! However, it will involve an in detail look into the employee’s Absence tab, the Absence settings and other places to work out how the calculation was made. To avoid a lengthy over and back within this post, I would kindly ask your Account Owner to reach out to our Support team on this matter via Find Answers. This way we can ensure a much swifter solution to your question.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation on this.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply