Answered

Validación de vacaciones en equipos líquidos (SW)

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has a good practice about the usual case in IT companies: they are liquid teams (without hierarchies) and the people belong to several managers (of projects), these are the ones who organize their work and validate vacations indistinctly.

Our problem is that we have to assign a workflow to a viewer, and the viewer cannot "forward/delegate" to the person responsible for projects who takes charge of the collaborator for a certain period. The change can be made, but it is necessary to communicate with HR to modify the flow.

Therefore the question is, if someone knows a good practice or has been able to solve it in a different way.
​​​​​​
This inquiry was translated by the moderator.

Hola,

me gustaría saber si alguien tiene una buena práctica acerca del caso habitual en empresas IT: son equipos líquidos (sin jerarquías) y las personas pertenecen a varios responsables (de proyectos), esto son quienes organizan su trabajo y validan las vacaciones de forma indistinta.

Nuestro problema es que tenemos que asignar un workflow a un visador, y este no puede “reenviar/delegar” a la persona responsable de proyectos que se hace cargo del colaborador durante un periodo determinado. Se puede hacer el cambio, pero es necesario realizar una comunicación a RRHH para que modifique el flujo.

Por tanto la pregunta es, si alguien conoce una buena práctica o ha podido resolverlo de forma diferente.

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 3 May 2023, 17:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Boris ITG,

Since the international community is open for markets from different countries, the language we use is English. If you don’t feel very confident with the language, don’t worry, you can use an automatic translating tool. I personally use DeepL.

I have translated your post this time 😊.

I wish you a lovely day!

Kind regards,

Sofia

Userlevel 5

Hi @Boris ITG 

Thank you for reaching out to the community with your question! In case employees belong to several Managers for the approval of vacations.

A Work Around is adding a substitute for a Supervisor in Approvals, but with this HR will still have to assign each time who will be the Supervisor’s Substitute for that certain period, due to that in Approvals we can only select 1 approver at the time for a group of employees. 

After 1 Supervisor Approves the other one can Approve, they cannot approve at the same time.

Settings > Approvals > relevant Absence type >  Employee filters ( Create employee filter Supervisor Substitute, Supervisor equals: relevant supervisor that will be replaced) 

Settings >  Approvals > relevant Absence type > Add new ruleset > Select Substitute Supervisor > 1. Specific employee > As specific employee: The name of the employee that will be substituting. 

On the moment, it is not possible to have 2 approvers that approve at the same time.  You can search for a post in our ideation area and to vote for it, in case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement. In case you don’t find any idea that describes your need, you can always post a new idea:

→ How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Your reply