Answered

What is the POST /company/time-offs skip_approval field syntax?

• 15 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried to use “POST /company/time-offs” with “skip_approval=false” and also “skip_approval=0”.

However I found that approvals for newly inserted events (which require approval) was still skipped!

This wasn’t the case when completely omitting the “skip_approval” field in the POST body.

This behavior seems to contradict the documentation, see below:

Could you please clarify or verify my observation?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ChristophS 16 February 2023, 15:56

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Zejo

I have just tested the API myself. In my tests I found that the behavior is exactly as documented. So: if I don’t use skip_approval at al, the approval process is automatically skipped, as this is the behavior that is wanted by default and mentioned in the description of skip_approval. 

If I used skip_approval=false, the absence was set as pending and the approval process behind it was triggered. 

Accordingly, I can't confirm the behavior you described.

However, I would like to take a closer look at this in your account, which is why I would ask you to open a support ticket via Find Answers.  We’ll be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you.

Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our Support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

Best, 
Christoph

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much for verifying this for me.

I can’t rule out the test failed due to other users being too diligent and possibly approving the request very fast.

I will revisit this and perform further testing, soon.

Your reply