Answered

What is the proper way to change accrual policy for existing employees?

• 24 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi everyone, I would appreciate if someone could share steps that needs to be taken in order to change the accrual policy for existing employees. 

The situation is the following: we want to change vacation accrual policy for somewhat ~12 employees. Now they have 2 accrual policies. We want to have a new one assigned as of the start of the cycle and archive the 2 that are active now. 

What should be the steps in order to make sure we keep the right balance and maintain expiration periods intact (which is in our case 1,5 years after assignment). 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 27 November 2023, 17:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Agne Ignotiene 

So first of all you would select the 12 employees from the Employee List using the checkmark box and the click on Actions. From the dropdown, please select Change accrual policy and you will choose the new one to be assigned and for the start of the next entitlement period for the applicable from. So once the new entitlement period is reached, they will now be on the new accrual policy from that date. 

Afterwards you can choose to archive the old accrual policy, so that this cannot be assigned to anymore employees going forward. The good thing is that employees who currently have this accrual policy assigned will not be affected by this archival. Their balances and absence history will still be exactly the same. For more information about archiving accrual policies, please have a look at the guide below:

If you run into any issues, please let me know. Have a nice evening ☘️

Best regards, 

Conor

Hello,

Do I understand it correctly that when I assign a new accrual policy from the next time period to the employee, the previous accrual policy stops working from the next time period? Therefore, as seen in the screenshot, the policy named ‘25 days (CZ Employees)’ will be until 31/12/2023.

Our internal policy says that we grant full extra day of vacation for our employees after working with us for whole calendar year. Therefore, I need to change the days from 25 vacation days to 26 and allow carryover of 5 days from the previous policy to the new one. 

Thank you in advance.

Veronika

Userlevel 5

Hey @Vero96 

The new policy becomes active from the 1st January 2024 which is the next entitlement period. However, the carryover rules from the previous policy will still run into the specified date e.g 31st March 2024. So in your case, the 5 days will still be carried over according to the 2023 policy up until the expiration date and then for 2025 it will be based on the rules set up in the new 2024 policy. 

If you have any follow up questions on this, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply