Answered

How do I change employee position/status

• 11 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear all, 

I was wondering how can I change status from the freelancer to employee but to keep the historical data? Do I need to create new profile? Or should I change the hire date and if yes, how to do it without changing the whole profile (with keeping the employee’s hire date as a freelancer). 

Thanks and regards, 

icon

Best answer by CécileM 12 May 2021, 11:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Dear @Natka,

Thank you so much for your message!

Can I ask you if you mean changing the status from external to internal? Or do you mean just changing the Work Schedule or the position?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks a lot Cécile for your reply!

I would like to change the status from external to internal but with remaining history of change (so that I see, how long the person was a freelancer and when he/she became a permanent employee). 

Also, can I change the title / department in the same manner (with a start date of the change)?

Thanks & regards, 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Natka,

Thank you so much for your reply!

You can change the status of an employee and then go to their Profile>History>Detail View. There you will be able to see all the changes that occurred for this particular employee and when the changes were made.

The change date will be recorded and will be the date that piece of information was updated. You can edit the date as well.

Please read our article called Employee History in the Helpcenter for more information. Is that something that could be useful to you? Please, let me know!

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Cécile, 

Thanks a lot. However it seems I can change the attributes only with the “AUTOMATION PLUS ADD-ON” otherwise I cannot enter the future date of change (while clicking on the button “schedule changes”). Isn’t it right? Or I need to overwrite the old date of hire?

Thanks & regards, 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello @Natka,

I hope this message finds you well.

That is correct. You can only schedule changes with the Automation Plus Add-on

As a workaround, you can create an attribute for the change date, and set up a reminder for yourself to change the Status. That way you will get notified when you need to change the status.

You do not need to overwrite the Hire Date if you do not want to. If you wish to keep the Hire Date from when the employee was External, you can keep it and just change the Status when you need to. This change will appear in the History tab of this employee with the date.

On the contrary, if you wish to change the Hire Date and have it reflect the date the employee became Internal, then you will have to change it manually on the day it happens. You can create a date attribute for that as well and set up a reminder.

I hope this helps!

Kindest regards,

Cécile.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks a lot Cécile! That was very helpful. 

Your reply