Answered

Onboarding - how to get newjoiner info onto Personio

• 22 March 2022
  • 4 replies

We starting to automate our onboarding, are we able to send the new joiner a link for personio before they join so they can directly upload their details to personio. At the moment we are sending out an excel form for them to fill out and we manually upload it on to personio. Thanks for your help. 

icon

Best answer by Marc 24 March 2022, 15:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Tradelingpeople,

nice to see you asking the community here!

The Personio onboarding feature offers the possibility to ask employees for several attributes, so they can fill in all necessary information directly into Personio.
In this Helpcenter Article, you can find some more information on how to create an onboarding template.

You can also invite employees that will be starting in the future before their hire date to Personio, so they are already able to start their onboarding.
In this case, make sure, the entered email address is accessible for the future employee (like the private one). You can change the email address to the company-email at any time, the password for the employee will stay the same. 

Best wishes
Marc

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Tradelingpeople,

was my answer helpful, or are there any open questions from your side?

Best wishes
Marc

Badge +1

@Marc 

I will be starting to look into this for our onboarding rollout and again, would like to share access prior to the new starter joining. 

How does the set up of the personal email address as the primary one for the short period of ‘pre boarding’ work in the following circumstances:

• We have set the primary (work) email address to show in the public profile
  • We have the Azure AD integration set up so how will the new user process be triggered if the primary email address is a personal one, not a work one? 
  • We have SSO set up so once they have set up a password, I assume they will be able to log back in until the day they join when we’d need a manual task to change the primary email address from their personal one to their work one? Will they be asked to enter a new password or would SSO take over from there? 

Thanks,

Michelle

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Michelle Wilson,

good questions!

In the case of integrations like Azure AD/OAuth and SSO, it’s different. 

• All employees that do not have access to the attribute status will only see active employees in Personio, so they won’t be able to access the public profile before the hire date, and so they won’t see the private email address. Sure, in this case it is important to timely change email address from the private one to the company one (which could be done by scheduling a change of the attribute email). The other possibility would be to move the attribute to a non-public section.
  • When Azure AD/OAuth is the only login option, my workaround above will not work. You can make Azure AD/OAuth login optional, so employees can also log in via email and password
  • SSO is possible if you have entered the company email address that is synced with the Azure AD database. Since the private email address is not in the Azure AD database, SSO is not possible until the company email address is set.

I recommend having a chat on that with your internal IT and test this scenario with a dummy-employee profile as the configuration may vary. 

Important for everyone using Google SSO, here is no possibility to make the Google login optional, so future employees would need access to their company email address before they start.

If there are open question, I am here to help.

Best, Marc

Your reply