Answered

Performance Tutorial

• 28 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! Is there an updated tutorial/article about the new Performance tab? I have been struggling with the goals since it changed. 

For example, someone wants to insert as a goal “English writing”, but someone else have too. The first person set it as a quantitive target, while the second person wants to create it as a qualitative one, but can’t, because there’s already an existing goal created with that name. Would it be possible to not save the goals? Meaning that you can only create a new goal, not choosing from previous ones. 

Also, I am not sure I am using it correctly. Should it be as following?

Thanks a lot. 

icon

Best answer by Lena 6 August 2021, 17:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Jules , 

Please find the Help Center article to the whole new Performance Tab and the Goals in the linked articles. 
Here we summarised all improvements that have been changing in the Goal setting part. - I hope that helps for a first overview. :)

You are right, the name of a Goal can only be entered once. Your request addresses a feature that is currently not possible in Personio. If you would like to request a new feature (e.g. being able to choose a similar naming for a goal), please submit your suggestion as a new post in the dedicated Ideation Area, so the community can vote for it and our Product Team can evaluate it. You can learn how to post an idea here.

I assume that our Product Team didn’t allow this on purpose, to make sure that Personio users don’t accidentally mix up the goals. So it would be great to share your use case. 
Within a goal you get a list with KPIs in order to measure the goal, here you can decide whether you want to take an existing KPI or create a new one. 

Does this answer help? Please don’t hesitate to get back to me :)

Cheers,
Lena

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Jules,

were you able to solve your issue or do you need any more help? 
Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Selina

Userlevel 1

Hi Selina,

Thanks for your help. After checking the documentation that Lena provided, I am still not clear of how to manage them properly so they are useful and simple for my company… Are we suppose to do them as I sent in my image? That is, a “box” for each goal?
I would really appreciate an example.

Thanks a lot :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Jules ,

thanks for getting back to us. :)

You don’t need to set up a single goal for everything an employee needs to reach. Within one goal you do have the option to set different KPIs. You could for example set “2021 Jules IT related Goals” as goal and “Englisch Writing”, “Scrum Master” and “Tech Profiles”.
With the goals you do set the timeframe only, not the kind (binary, qunatitativ, qualitativ). The measurement is set in the KPIs.

You are right, currently it is only possible to enter the name of a Goal once in Personio. You can not choose the same goal for another employee. Our Product Team currently is working on the Performance Tab. If this doesn’t fit into your Performance Managment, our Product Team is looking forward to hearing your feedback. Please create an idea in our ideation area with a short summary of a use case in your company. Here you find a quick guide how to write an idea. :) 

Does this help you? Please let me know in case you have further questions. If it is more account specific I can also turn it into a service request and we can have a look at it together. 

Cheers,
Lena

Userlevel 1

Yes, Lena, that helps me! Thank you very much.

I hope you have a great weekend :)

Your reply