Answered

Absence cancellation before termination

• 14 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, we have an employee who was terminated, and we need to pay out unused holidays.  Their records in Personio indicate they only used 1 out of 26 holidays in 2023, and we think this is suspicious.  Is there a way to find out if the employee deleted their “used” holidays prior to termination?  

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 15 November 2023, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Goosecat 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

If the employee tried to delete their absence period, they cannot do this successfully without having edit rights to the Absence type. In normal instances when an employee tries to delete an approved absence, the deletion has to once again then be approved by the set approver. The only instance whereby an employee without edit rights can remove an absence, is if it has not been approved yet. 

Therefore I would first check the access rights that were granted to this employee first. If they had the edit rights to the Absence type as mentioned above, then they have the ability to do this. If they don’t, then there is no possibility to delete this without the approver putting this request through for them.

To answer your main question, there is no way on Personio to check if they deleted this as we do not keep history of these actions in the tool. Instead this would involve a data log request which are for extreme cases such as data leaks, court cases etc. If you have any follow up questions on this, I would be happy to help.

Best regards, 

Conor

Thank you very much for this info!

Your reply