Answered

How my employee can use the carryover days before the days from the next year.

• 5 December 2023
  • 1 reply

How to take days from carryover and that this is registered when requesting abscenses?

Looks like Personio does  not differentiate between "old" and "new" vacation budget. 

An employee is asking how to take first the carryover days for holidays starting at the begining of the year.

For example:  I just asked for 2 days off beginning of January 2024 and it is deducted from my 2024 budget, but I want to take "old" vacation first, as this will expire end of March, how can I do this? 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 December 2023, 09:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Luisa 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Could I kindly ask you to navigate to your Absence tab and click on the arrow button to check on the absence history:

When opened, it should let you know what your available balance is and if you have requested any days outside of the current entitlement period (Upcoming after 31 Dec 2023). 

I tested this out and my balance has remained the same regardless of the 3 days absence that will take place in 2024. If you have carryover days to take, they will be taken first from the balance in 2024 so you do not need to worry about this. It may look like it will come out of the next entitlement amount, however it will instead use your carryover days first. The carryover days will not become visible until the current entitlement period has passed.

If you have any follow up questions on this, I will be happy to answer this. 

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply