Answered

trouble trying to sync my personal vacation days out of Personio to my private calendar on Google

• 14 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hey there, community; 

I’m experiencing unexpected behaviour trying to get my vacation days synced out of Personio into my personal Google calendar

Syncing or rather clearing calendar data for external retrieval does work. It’s just that when I only pick “My Calendar” nothing gets shared out; if I picked “paid vacation”, however, I’m getting all staffers days off. :/ 

So I’m guessing my actual question is : what do I have to do (different) to get this accomplished? 

Thank you very much for your help. Best - Alex / EMS 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 28 March 2024, 16:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Alex_M_at_EMS,

Are you using an Ical link for the transfer? Please have in mind that the calendar does not include any Absence types created after you generate an iCal link.

With My Calendar you will only see your own Calendar.

In case you pick a certain Absence type you will have also to fill in this part, in order the filter out what you would like to export:

Here you will find more information regarding: Add a Personio Calendar via an iCal link.

Best,

Sofia 

Yes, I was getting the “My Calendar” as iCal subscription link; 

however, that seems to return no data. Or does it take a particularly long while to sync out data? 

“My Calendar” should be the one reflecting my approved absences, right? 

thx - 

Userlevel 5

Hi @Alex_M_at_EMS,

Yes with My Calendar it will display your approved Absences. In this case I would suggest to again generate a link, It might take up to 24 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.

In case no data is still not showing I would suggest to open a support request via The in-product Help area, my colleagues from Support will be able to login into your Account and review your Settings. 

Be aware that only Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day.

Best,

Sofia 

sadly, this still isn’t working, 24 hrs wait or not. 
I’ll pass your suggestion to our account owner. 

thx. 

Your reply