Answered

View Absence type details

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, 

Currently everyone can see the absence type details from each colleague in the company. We want to change it that:

• only the team lead can see details (holiday balance, carry over etc.) on that for the own direct reports
  • all colleagues see if someone is on holiday, but no further details. 

Can you support with this request?

Thank you

Carina

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 13 February 2023, 10:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Carina,

So first you need to go into your All Employee’s role and take away access rights to stop all employees viewing each others absences. You should only select the Own option for View & Propose rights for absences like shown:

Next please create an employee role for your Team Leads and add them all as members. You will then navigate to access rights within here and grant them View rights to the My reports option for all the respective absence types:

And additionally you need to grant them access to the Absence / Balance History tab also like shown. This ensures Team Leads can view their reports absence balances also.

Next, as you want to allow employees to view others absences but not the details of the absence, you need to navigate to the All Employees role once more. Please navigate to the Calendar tab within here and you will scroll down and give Global access to the Absences option. You will only give the access to this option, you do not need to pick any of the absence types below this.

Going forward, employees should now be able to see when other employees are off on absence, but not the reason why. 

For more information on this topic, I am providing you with our helpcenter article on how to Configure and Manage Access to the Company Calendar

If you require any further assistance, I will be happy to help.

Best,

Conor

Your reply