Question

Work levels with half days off e.g. 70% 90%

• 19 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Dear all,

whenever we have employees with half days off, e.g. working 70% or 90%, the vacation days are not calculated properly. If the employee enters a half vacation day, the system still deducts a quarter day in the attendance.

5 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Andrea_C 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

If you are using a daily absence and choose the half day option, this system will read what hours have been placed on that day in the employee’s working schedule and half them exactly. If you would like for a more precise reading of the amount of hours to be deducted, then I would suggest using an hourly absence, as this allows for the employee to choose the exact hours that they will be absent for. 

For more information on this topic, here is our guide on Create absence types.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,

Conor

Hi Conor,

if someone normally only works half a day (based on the work schedule) and requests half a day off, the system does not calculate it properly. This has also been confirmed by your customer service a while ago. Has this been corrected in the meantime? We can’t use hourly absences as this does not work with vacation days.

Best regards,

Andrea

Userlevel 5

Hey @Andrea_C 

Could you kindly provide me with a screenshot of the work schedule and the hours being deducted? An example would help me to reproduce this and check for you on your request.

Best,

Conor

Hey @Andrea_C 

Could you kindly provide me with a screenshot of the work schedule and the hours being deducted? An example would help me to reproduce this and check for you on your request.

Best,

Conor

Hi Conor, please find below the screenshots as requested.

Best regards, Andrea

Userlevel 5

Hey @Andrea_C 

The first point I would like to talk about is the working schedule, I can see that the employee works 3 full days and then one half day. Personio unfortunately cannot read the hours worked in a day by an employee, but it will rather base the proration on the days worked in a week. For absence prorations, even though it is technically a half day on Friday, the system will still count it as a full working day as it cannot read the deducted hours. 

When a half day is requested on a scheduled working day, the system will read the hours inputted in the working schedule and half these. Again it will not read that the employee works a half day of 04:15 on Friday and deduct accordingly. It will half the 04:15 resulting in a 2.075 deduction in the absence balance. 

Unfortunately this is a limitation and the absence balance would need to be manually adjusted to reduce the hours according to your wishes. If you believe we can improve this feature, please enter your feedback into our Ideation Area so that our Product Team are aware of it. 

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Your reply