Answered

Two-factore auhentification - period

• 21 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

The two-factor authentication is enabled for several employees. In order to enter daily hours, they need to daily do the two-factor authentication. This is starting to be be time-consuming. Usually, with other software having the two-factor authentication, the request for the second authentication (google authenticator in this case) is needed after every 30days or 90days or every time the browser cache is cleaned.
It would be really great to have the option have a period longer than 1 day to ask for two-factor authentication. Is it a planned feature?
Many thanks

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 23 February 2024, 08:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @persifleur 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

The normal behaviour of Personio’s Two Factor Authentication is that every time you login to the platform, that you need to identify with the 2FA Authenticator app. As far as I can see it is not planned to change the regularity of this, as we believe due to the sensitive data within each account that the daily login is a safer option. 

If you think we can improve this, please provide your feedback into our Ideation Area so that our Product Team can consider this in future. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply