Answered

Is it possible to automate the bulk import of absence periods?

• 23 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hallo liebe Community,

Ich bin gerade dabei, eine Schnittstelle zwischen Personio und BlueAnt zu implementieren. Wir buchen unsere Krankheiten in BlueAnt, aber benötigen diese auch in Personio. Um das zu automatisieren, scheint es, als müssten wir den “Bulk-Import von Abwesenheitsperioden” (https://support.personio.de/hc/de/articles/211778185-Schritt-6-Import-von-Abwesenheiten#h_01FX580RG21VY66CSZ3M9G9P9G) benutzen.

Daher meine Frage: Lässt sich der Bulk-Import von Abwesenheitsperioden irgendwie automatisieren, damit man den Import nicht manuell starten muss?

Mit der Personio API wird es bei uns nicht funktionieren, da wir in BlueAnt stundenweise Krankheit buchen können aber Personio dafür keine API bereitstellt. Es ist zwar möglich, eine neue Abwesenheitsart so zu definieren, dass man stundenweise Krankheit auch eintragen kann, aber das geht dann auch nur manuell und nicht über API, soweit ich das überblicke.

Beste Grüße

Your original post was translated by the moderator

Hello dear community,

I am in the process of implementing an interface between Personio and BlueAnt. We book our illnesses in BlueAnt, but also need them in Personio. To automate this, it seems we need to use the "bulk import of absence periods" (https://support.personio.de/hc/de/articles/211778185-Schritt-6-Import-von-Abwesenheiten#h_01FX580RG21VY66CSZ3M9G9P9G).

So my question: Is there any way to automate the bulk import of absence periods so that we don't have to start the import manually?

It won't work for us with the Personio API, as we can book sickness by the hour in BlueAnt, but Personio doesn't provide an API for this. It is possible to define a new absence type so that you can also enter hourly sickness, but this can only be done manually and not via API, as far as I can see.

Best regards

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 November 2023, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Jakop 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

I will need to check on this internally on best practice with our Technical Team. Once I have more information on this, I will return with an answer.

Best regards, 

Conor

Userlevel 5

Hey @Jakop 

Apologies on the delay in response, as I was absent.

In regards to your statement ‘It won't work for us with the Personio API, as we can book sickness by the hour in BlueAnt, but Personio doesn't provide an API for this. It is possible to define a new absence type so that you can also enter hourly sickness, but this can only be done manually and not via API, as far as I can see’, in the API Documentation there is the ability to POST/GET absences based in hours under the /company/absence-periods. 

Does this solve your problem in terms of pulling the absence periods from BlueAnt to Personio. Please let me know if you require further assistance on this.

Best regards, 

Conor

Thank you, I figured this out in the meanwhile! 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Jakop thanks so much for your questions and glad to hear that you have figure it out! Hooray! 😃

Would you mind sharing your finding or other best practices in our Think Tank area as well? We have a special edition badge about that too! 

Have a lovely day!

Your reply