Answered

Accrual policies

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have an absence type in Cetitec called Flextime leave.  The request goes through an approval loop and is finally approved by me.  I then need to go to the employee’s attendance tab and manually adjust the overtime balance.  (Our attendances are fed into Personio from our time-tracking system).

There is an accrual policy attached to this absence which I would like to remove as employees do not accrue this absence type.  When I set this up I was told to add an accrual policy with the amount “0” days.  This was working find until yesterday, when many employees suddenly could not request this absence any more. I went in to check and had to reassign the policy, which is now leading to a negative flextime balance which is showing in the dashboards of employees.  The policy I assigned this morning is assigned from the “beginning of the current period” but it looks as if the data is showing from the employee’s hire dates.

Do I need to have an accrual policy for this absence (we don’t have one for home-office or sick leave, only for vacation) and how can I change this without screwing up the data for all employees?  Can I easily remove the policy from the absence type?

Thanks,

Linda

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 16 August 2023, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Linda,

Thank you for your community question! If you assign an Accrual policy, the system will always need an Accrual policy since Hire date. Even if you pick as date “Start of the current period” the system will always pick as date the “Hire date” in case you didn’t had and Accrual policy since Hire date

In case you don’t wish to have any Accrual policy at all, you can unassign the Accrual policy in the profile of the employee. 

By unassigning all Accrual policies since hire date will be unassigned. 

Once again thank you for your community question. Here you will find more information regarding: Assign the accrual policy to the relevant employees. 

Best,

Sofia

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Sofia,

Thanks, but I don’t think this answers my question.

We have an absence type which is called flextime leave. It currently has an accrual policy assigned to it which shows 0 days (I was instructed to do this when I set up Personio).   I recently reassigned this policy as for some reason many employees were suddenly unable to request this leave (I had not made any changes to Personio so I don’t know why this was the case).

This is causing the employees accounts to show a negative value as the system is counting the number of already taken days since the hire date of the employee.   My question is:

Can I remove the accrual policy but keep the absence type (which would then function in the same way as sick leave functions, i.e. with no accrual policy)?  If not, will the employee data relating to this absence type be set to 0 at the end of the year (i.e. start of the new period)?

If I understand correctly, unassigning the accrual policy as you show above will remove the absence type and not just the policy. 

Please help me to understand this and tell me what the best way would be to resolve this issue.  Many thanks!

Regards,

Linda

Userlevel 5

Hi @Linda,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you can remove the Accrual policy and keep the Absence type (which will function the same as other Absences types that don’t have an Accrual policies).
In order for Absence types that have an Accrual policy to be visible for employees, an Accrual policy has to be assigned to the profiles of the employees.  For Absences types that don’t have an Accrual policy in their settings, the Absence type will be visible in the employee profile.

In case you wish to unassign the Accrual policy for all employees, you can do this by unassigning the accrual policies as mentioned in previous post, but then you will have also to delete the Accrual policy within the Absence type settings in order to be visible for the employees the same way as other Absence types. 

Go to Settings > Relevant Absence type > Relevant Accrual policy > 3 dots > delete Accrual policy

Please be aware we don’t advise deleting the Absence type, this will have a consequence in the history. 

I hope this helps you! Once again thank you for your community question.

Best,

Sofia

Your reply