Answered

Changing holiday settings for employees changing positions mid-year

• 13 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

What is best practice for changing the holiday allowance of a working student that is now a FTE? The date must be customisable and the holiday allowance is changing. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 14 March 2023, 11:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @Tansi , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

There are two things you need to do when switching an employee from part time to full time:

• A new working schedule must be assigned to the employee
  • Adjust the weekly working hours in employee information

Once the new working schedule has been assigned, the system will automatically calculate the leave entitlement based on this. If you find any issues with this, you can of course use the manual adjustment option to correct the figure.

We have a helpcenter guide on Changing the Work Schedule (Full Time <> Part Time) which goes through this in the opposite way. However, it involves the same steps when vice versa.

If have any other questions, please feel free to ask me 😃

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I have the issue with holiday balance for the employee changing from part-time to full-time. The situation is the following: we had an employee with Mini-job contract and 24 days of leave, On October 1, 2022 they switched to a full-time position in the company, with 26 vacation days entitlement. Since then his vacation days are not calculated properly, no matter what I do. I did the manual adjustment and policy assignment, it is still not correct. I would appreciate some help with that.

Thank you,

Svetlana

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Svetlana 

Could you kindly provide me with some screenshots of the absence history and additionally let me know what the correct balance should be. Once I have this information, I can look into this further for you and see why this is not showing correctly.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @ConorCunningham ,

Thank you. Somebody from the support team has already fixed the issue. 

Best,

Svetlana

Your reply