Answered

Help with setting up a 9 day fortnight

• 19 December 2023
  • 1 reply

• Getting Started
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I am new to Personio and looking to set up compressed hours for someone on a 9 day fortnight work schedule where:

week 1 is 45 hours Monday to Friday

week 2 is 35 hours Monday to Thursday

And also how to set this up in the vacation schedule (we would set it up as hours).

Any help gratefully received!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 21 December 2023, 18:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @acb,

Unfortunately we don't have a feature specially for this, but I can suggest two workarounds.

Frist option: Setting up a flexible working hours schedule, in these case by settings up a working schedule from Monday till Friday and choosing as total 45 week hours. Please have in mind that on the second week you will have each time 10 deficit hours.

In this case because both weeks will be from Monday till Friday the system will not calculate prorata, because the prorata is based on the Work Schedule, therefore you will have to create a new Accrual policy with the exact days and assign it to the employee.

Here you will find more information regarding: Best Practice: Part-time employees.

Second option: Settings up two different Work Schedules and assigning them manually every week.

In this case the system will calculate prorata automatically because they have every week the right Work Schedule

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area:

In case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Here you will find more information regarding:  Step 5: Configuring and Assigning Work Schedules.

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia

Your reply