Answered

Substitution request decline

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I would like to know if it’s possible to decline a substitute request the same day. Is it default or we could modify in approvals or in another section?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 December 2023, 09:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @naima_alcantara 

Could you kindly give me more information about what you are asking? From what I gather you want a way to automate substitute declines for certain employees or is it something else? Please let me know in more detail and give examples if possible.

Best regards, 

Conor

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Conor, 

My issue was: An employee requested holidays and choose one colleague to substitute him. The colleague was chosen was in sick note and wanted to decline the substitute, unfortunately he could not decline. 
My questions are: is there a way to avoid this situation? How one employee could decline a substitution from sick note or holidays?

Hope this information could help.

Best regards

Naima

Userlevel 5

Hi @naima_alcantara,

Thanks for the clarification! My colleague Conor is out of the office so I’m happy to help you out! 😃

While requesting an absence and selecting the Substitute, the system allows you to select a substitute who is not absent, then the substitute can directly accept or reject on their home screen. Unfortunately, once this is accepted and approved (if an approval process is there for it) the substitute cannot decline the substitution the same day, let’s say, the employee is sick. However, if in the absence settings for sick days you activate the Substitute, for example, as Optional, the employee can request the sick leave and add another substitute, which might help. The information will be displayed in the Absence calendar: the employee should be substituting but is sick so the employee is not there.

I do really think that having this functionality added to Personio would greatly improve the substitution functionality! Therefore, would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you?

• How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it.

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽

Best,

Zulema

Your reply