Answered

Unlimited holiday / vacation

• 11 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Our company offers unlimited holiday, how do I add this as a vacation rule in the absence category?  It appears that I have to put a number in - although the category is unlimited already. Any help?  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Marc 19 January 2022, 11:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @franhouse,

when I understand it correctly, you will only use the absence for vacation to track the taken days off, right?

In your case, you actually don’t have an accrual policy, as there is no specific quota for the employees. What you can do is to disable the accrual-policy-functionality in the absence, so you won’t have an assigned value and the employees can request unlimited days of vacation. Of course, the amount of taken days will be counted.

The settings will work properly if you initially set up your Personio account. In case you already tracked vacations days with enabled accrual policies, please comment, as there are some additional things to be considered.

Please note that in this case, the absence would work globally as unlimited vacation days absence.

If there are employees who do not have unlimited vacation days, you will need to create an additional absence type for them with accrual policies enabled.

In this case, you can set up the proper view permissions in the employee roles so that they can only see their specific absence type.

If you have any open questions about this, please feel free to respond with a comment!

With kind regards
Marc

Your reply