Skip to main content

Hi, 

Is it possible to set up approvals for an absence type, in this case paid vacation, that are region specific? So we have several regions in our company group and for one of these regions I would like to be able to make it so that as well as supervisors of employees (as some supervisors are in different regions/office) one employee role type based in that region can also approve their absences and receive the notifications etc without making this person an admin. 

I can’t see a way to assign approval workflows for this. 

Thanks, 

Ellen

Hi @ermguest,

You can create some Employee filters in the Approvals differentiating them by region and then adding an Approval step for the Employees with role and select the one for each region. For that, you have to go to Settings > Automations > Approvals > Paid vacation > Manage employee filters. You can add a new one by giving it a name and clicking on the (+). You have to then Add rule, for example, if this is by region and you have an Attribute with the region, you can use that one, if not, you can use Office, for example.

Once you have the Employee filters, you can go back to the Approvals rules and you can click on Add new ruleset, you have to select the filter you just selected and Add approval step

Once here, you can select the Employee role relevant for each region. 

For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Set up custom approval processes.

I hope this helps Ellen! Please let me know if you have further questions! 😃

Wishing you a great weekend! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Hi Zulema, 

Thank you for the response, I am aware of the process you describe however I don’t wish to add a layer of approval for this specific office, rather I would like the ability for a member of that office to be able to be notified/aware of the holidays that are being booked in the system. 

Kind of like an admin but only for that region, is that possible?

Thanks, 

Ellen

Hi, 

Does anyone have any suggestions for how this can be achieved?

Thanks!

Hi @ermguest,

I’m sorry for my late response, it looks like this thread got lost somehow! 

Thanks for the clarification, that helped me to think about another option, a Workflow! You can create a Workflow that notifies that person when someone from that Office request an absence. For that, you have to navigate to Automations > Create workflow > Absence > Notify supervisors of an absence. It is a predefine Workflow and it is call like this but then you can select an specific employee, it doesn’t have to be the Supervisor. You can also create one from scratch, I just thought it might be easy to use a predefine one, as you prefer. 

If you keep going with the predefine one, you have to click on the first box and on the right side you can add all relevant Type of absences and add the Rule: Office is and you can add the one you need. 

You click on Update and go to the second box. There you will set up the Notification. You can remove where it says Supervisor and add select the employee who needs to be notified.

Then you can add a custom message they will get. For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Create workflows.

I hope this helps Ellen! Please let me know if you have further questions about it! 😃

Wishing you a lovely day ahead! 😊

Best,

Zulema

Your reply