Answered

API Absences, not working for me.

• 17 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi.

I just realized only some absences/timeoffs are passed through API, the ones that are whole-day absences. The hour-absences are not shown through API, which renders the whole idea useless and I don’t see any point in it, it’s just confusing.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but i’ve checked the API permissions, there is no distinctions between whole-day and hours absences. Does it work for you?

https://api.personio.de/v1/company/time-offs?start_date=2021-11-01&end_date=2021-11-30&limit=200&employees[]=XXXXX

icon

Best answer by Marc 21 December 2021, 09:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @ammar,

as the feature is quite new, currently it is not possible to retrieve hourly absences through the API, but the product team is already validating this idea.

Best regards
Marc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @ammar! Happy to let you know that you can now read hourly absences (in a daily breakdown format) through the API with /absence-periods. You can learn more through the documentation here

If you have any feedback about the new endpoint, please let us know. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Charlotte W. that’s cool, but if I want to have a list of such absences in my local database, do I have to delete and insert ALL of the records? Is there a more reasonable way for know if an absence entry is still valid or if it has been deleted then deleting all and inserting all?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ammar We don’t return deleted absence periods in any of the endpoints (daily or hourly). In order to cross-compare whether a period exists, you can use the period ID. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@ammar We don’t return deleted absence periods in any of the endpoints (daily or hourly). In order to cross-compare whether a period exists, you can use the period ID. 

But in order to compare, I need to retrieve ALL the records for the period I want to cross-compare, right? 
Any plans to upgrade the API/endpoint to differential method? It would also help your hardware load, as people wouldn’t have to retrieve all the data multiple times a day, just to find out if a record has been deleted.

Any news about “soft-delete” or “archived” TimeOff’s? The “/company/absence-periods” Endpoint does not work as well?

Your reply